Is DATING 💑 your colleague (& relationship) 'professionally healthy'? Would it be difficult to deal with it, in case of 'break up' in such cases?

Is DATING 💑 your colleague (& relationship) 'professionally healthy'? Would it be difficult to deal with it, in case of 'break up' in such cases?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with it dear, but I wouldn't personally recommend it if you are planning to grow up with the company you are working for!!
    I have experienced it before and it was not cool at all when we broke up. There was too much tension from her, and I kind of looked for another job at another company and eventually quit my job.
    My other colleagues told me I was too dumb to do that, it was her fault not yours, etc...
    Nevertheless, as matter of fact, my former boss there, is now my best friend :-D
    I kept my friends but lost the opportunity to grow in that company.
    She, on the other hand, quit her job after a while, and got married :-)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Speaking from personal experience-- I'm currently dating a co-worker, and I don't know if I'd necessarily say it's "professionally healthy." He used to be my boss so if any of our other co-workers found out, it definitely could come across as a conflict of interest. However, we're both adults and both mature so if we did break up, I like to imagine we would still be able to work together fine. It's been surprisingly easy to keep our relationship out of the office and act normally at work, so I'm quite confident we could continue that if we were to break up. If you don't think your relationship could handle it, probably best to stay out of one then

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes. Nice to know you... but screw you and very awkwardness if the relationship does not work. And i know i need money to pay my bills so quitting will not be an obtion. So be wise and becareful what you choose... balance your life and dating on the job.. i know i wouldn't risk my job so staying away sounds great! Hope for the best for you. ☺

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it can work and you can be happy, but two things to keep in mind, you see them all day at work and all day at home, so normally you'd get to have some alone time when you go to work, here you won't get much of a break, and if you broke up it could make it pretty awkward, best case scenario it's awkward, worst case scenario you have rumors spread about you about your deep dark secrets or something like that

0|0
    0|0
  • If its a temp job you don't care about: Do it, who cares about the job.. can always get another one.

If its your dream job/absolutely need it to make ends meet -> Don't shit where you eat. Stay away from relationships with colleagues!

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't ever dated anyone I worked with but I have dated people back when I was in school and when we broke up we had that awkward stage for about a month or two and then things started to get better and we are still friends now...

0|0
    0|0
  • Your concern should be the conflict of interest. You would not want to have arguments that's revolving around work at home. Because in a company, different roles and functions have different priorities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Abort mission, i repeat abort mission. Better that the colleague is not in the same service just in case... People can gossip. It can be hard to work with if it fails.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you break up professional no not a problem. Depends on the person if that is possible. But you need to face that you might need to lose your job if it gets out of hand and if that's worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • If i find someone i work with starts feeling like my only option for dating im not doing enough stuff outside of work.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on maturity I could handle dating a coworker because I know social manners.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not quite healthy as if you both broke up in the future it would be very uncomfortable to face either of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not wrong to date. Yeah agreed that break up is a bit difficult to do but it's kinda normal. "It's love anyone can love anybody."

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer not too, but If my feelings were strong enough I maybe could

1|0
    0|0
  • If both people are responsible adults then yes it's possible
    But if their young I don't recommend it

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had such experience, so can not comment much.
    But i believe its interesting, and distracting at the sometime. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer not to date someone at my particular workplace. I don't need the extra personal and professional exposure...

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be difficult to deal with break up, you come across each other so often during work. That doesn't allow you to concentrate on your work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Freya it all depends on how strong you are mentally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its conflicting if you don't keep it a secret

Otherwise it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it could happen and be a healthy relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it will immediately after the break up

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not bad, but better not

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a good idea