Is DATING 💑 your colleague (& relationship) 'professionally healthy'? Would it be difficult to deal with it, in case of 'break up' in such cases?

422

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with it dear, but I wouldn't personally recommend it if you are planning to grow up with the company you are working for!!
    I have experienced it before and it was not cool at all when we broke up. There was too much tension from her, and I kind of looked for another job at another company and eventually quit my job.
    My other colleagues told me I was too dumb to do that, it was her fault not yours, etc...
    Nevertheless, as matter of fact, my former boss there, is now my best friend :-D
    I kept my friends but lost the opportunity to grow in that company.
    She, on the other hand, quit her job after a while, and got married :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Speaking from personal experience-- I'm currently dating a co-worker, and I don't know if I'd necessarily say it's "professionally healthy." He used to be my boss so if any of our other co-workers found out, it definitely could come across as a conflict of interest. However, we're both adults and both mature so if we did break up, I like to imagine we would still be able to work together fine. It's been surprisingly easy to keep our relationship out of the office and act normally at work, so I'm quite confident we could continue that if we were to break up. If you don't think your relationship could handle it, probably best to stay out of one then