Guys: list some reasons you go on 1st date with a girl and she won’t hear from you again?

Say you finally meet her, the date went well. After the date, you guys parted ways. And you don’t text her following up and she doesn’t either.

What are your reasons that you don’t follow up after the date?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• off a first date? it would have had to be really bad. stuff like no manners, no respect, no conversation, no self talk (interests, hobbies, things like that) I guess for me the presentability to my family is big. My parents made sure I knew manners respect dinner conversation. also forced me to do a formal dinner once a month where we dressed up in dress clothes and had that royal family meal with 4 forks 3 knives 3 spoons, 3 glasses etc... because better to know and not need then need and not know

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think it was that bad. Our date lasted 1.5 hours and me the one ending it.

He first invited me for drinks at a sports bar/pub, I told him I don’t drink. So we opted for a coffee place and so we did.

• Show All
    • I feel had little to say about that...

• that might be why. if there was little to no talking then it just feels like 2 strangers sharing a table.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1. HUMOR. we were just too opposite. our sense of humor wasn't gonna mix n match

2. She's dumb. If i have to wonder how you graduated high school then I'm not interested.

3. too into social media/dictates her life

4. her life plan was WAY different from mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wonder why they break contact after the first day it's because they are cowards. But if you really want to see them again you should make a move, unless preserving your ego is more important.
    If you wonder why some guy don't want to have a second date, same reason for the girls I guess :
    -she looks different than in her pictures
    -the date did not go well
    -they did not like her behaviour

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn this is deep. I learned from years of dating that as a girl, yes the ego is important. Guys no that the follow up is synonymous to offering to pay on a first date. Not hearing from them afterwards to me screams “I’m not into you”

I don’t think I look different in my pics
      Maybe he didn’t feel the spark hence you mentioning it didn’t go well. And some things that he learned about me that he Possibly didn’t like.

• Show All
    • I meant when is the last time a date did not make you feel like a waste of time.
      This Ted talk might interest you :
      youtu. be/d6wG_sAdP0U

• Yes then I answered it.

Thanks for the link I’ll check it out when I get a chance

• For me it is the direct assumption that I will be the one paying, I have met girls who make big claims on being strong, independent women, who don't rely on men but at the end of the date they don't even do the effort of picking their bags to even attempt to look for the money, you pull that out and you will never hear of me again

0|0
    0|0
    • Interesting, I did that on my 2nd date and I still never heard from him.

I did “pick up my bag” on first date with a different guy and he was like “what are you doing?”
      After that first date, never heard from him either.

• Well, I don't know you at all but it seems to me that they are just assholes

• They all were very gentlemen- like though. So I don’t know...

• Seems very over the top rude to not even text to say thanks but no thanks.
    Maybe he was just to embarrassed to kinda dump by text and took the cowards way out.

It's a strange one, but must have been zero chemistry.

0|0
    0|0
    • Right, isn’t this the guy’s job to do the follow up after that first date?

• Show All
    • Him taking that long was a way of him telling me “I’m not interested” but of course that takes courage for a guy to man up like that.

• I wouldn't call talking through a screen courage

• For me to do that, a woman would have to boring and mentally vacuous, no matter how good she looks.

Give me an intelligent and interesting woman every time!

0|0
    0|0
  • High maintance to much on the phone, body launage was wrong don't speck sarcasm busy scedule, in a rush talk about herself to much didn't felt it gonna go anywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he was truly interested he would have let you know. maybe he had a good time but you said something he saw as a red flag something that tells him it wouldn't work out. Sometimes I'm interested in a girl then I notice something that I dont like. If I wanted more then just sex I try to think ahead of I could look past this if not i wouldn't want to ask her out anymore to avoid wasting any of our time.

There's also the possibility of that person putting you on the back burner. As in they liked you but are more keen on someone else or even used you like a back up. I been on the same boat were a girl will show all kinds of signs of interest then flake on our second date with a b. s exuse. Its frustrating but that's just how the dating game is especially for guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for this. There’s just a plethora of possibilities as to why these 2 stopped.

But I know for the last guy, maybe because I didn’t drink, he was the kind of guy that likes going on Music Festivals, I don’t know if I should put him in the “party boy” category.

Bottom line is, my self esteem is hitting me pretty hard that the last 2 have ghosted me after 1-2 dates. It makes me feel I’m not good enough.

I’m not working right now and whenever that comes up, I get tongue-tied and have to come up with a lie.

After that date, I decided to leave the dating scene for awhile until I find a job again.

• Yup it's best not to think about it ( i know easier said then done ) thinking about all the possible reasons would drive you crazy. That's good that you decided to work on yourself before you try to date again. This way when your ready you'll be your best self and people notice that.

• There's not much for us to talk about
    Not compatible
    No sexual attraction
    Better off as friends
    She's boring
    She's not what I expected

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never do that, but...

Maybe the date didn't went well...
    He just pretended that...

Or he is too shy to text you back

0|0
    0|0
  • #1 Suspect or find out she is a whore.

#2 Comes off as too close minded.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can mention my last date it was her eyebrows they were tattooed 😂😂 I left as soon as I saw it

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if she says "heil hitler" at the end of the date, i probably won't text her back.

0|0
    0|0
  • She talked about her ex the whole time.

1|0
    0|0
  • She vomited

0|0
    0|0
  • She said something that might have rubbed me the wrong way and I just hid it well during the date.

I'm not as into her as I thought now that I spent a good amount of time with her.

If I see a girl who arouses me I always attach the personalities that I think are the hottest. If I go on a date and she ends up having a very different personality from that it can be jarring and I lose interest.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I get it. He didn’t hear from me either just because I feel that it’s a guy’s job to follow up post 1st date.

And if I didn’t hear from a guy, I do assume that he wasn’t interested and your response are the legit reasons

• If I enjoyed the date I usually message the next day just saying thank you and that I had a good time. I usually rely on how enthusiastic of a reply they give if I'm going to attempt to ask for another date. If they don't see really into me with their response then I just give up.

• So with this guy, he didn’t even do that. Completely ghosted me after that first date and mind you, leading up to our date he was constantly texting me and looking forward to our first meet up. Not hearing from him was such a blow on my self esteem

On the other hand, I went on a date with a guy and he did what you mentioned- thanking me for my time then asked me again for another date.

We went on date 2, then all of a sudden he seemed to have lost interest and ghosted me.

Recommended myTakes