Going from dating a 8/10 to dating a 4/10: is it love or is it just a rebound?

Let’s say a person always dated pretty girls, 7/10s and for the past 1-2 years has had a serious relationship with a 8/10. If just after the breakup he starts dating a 4/10: is it love, or is she just convenient for sex until he finds better/a rebound?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• it could be convenient. I can't speak for every guy, but my minimum for having sex is a 5 (neutral) on looks and 7 on personality and for a relationship is 7 on looks, 9 on personality. I have dated a 10, and I am such a tough grader that I've only met 5 of them in my entire life.

It could also be that he was the rebound for the prettier girl and she broke up with him for a better guy. Maybe he doesn't want that to happen again, so picking a slightly unattractive girl may be his solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes its not about the looks. She could have a pretty bomb personality but there is also a chance she is just a rebound.