Why hasn’t he asked me on a second date?

Ok, so. I met him online, we called each other and chatted on the phone immediately and got on really well. He set up a date then for Sunday. Sunday came and went. It was a great date, we had so much fun being silly, dancing, and singing (shared passions), and had a great chat. I don’t usually kiss on the first date, and despite telling him this, he still kissed me. Ok, I liked it. So we shared a few passionate kisses and cuddles in the park (So notebook like). On the way home he had his hand on my thigh, and I told him that he was super intense for a first date. Apparently he isn’t usually but he believed that we both really clicked. I was laughing to the point of crying and just felt really good with him. He messaged me that night saying he had a great time and we chatted a little.

He hasn’t messaged since. He is a calling person, and busy with uni back this week (possibly exam week). I don’t want to pursue him and ask for a second date, but is it bad for me to casually message him, or maybe just ask if he was just after casual fun or not? Input is appreciated! X

518

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say there's a couple main reasons why.

1 could be he doesn't want to seem to keen/interested and come across as "desperate" - yes even though the date went well and all that.

2 could be he is busy with uni, or maybe a mix of other things in life and just wants to be available to ask you out on the second date.

3 could be he had a good time, but not as much as you did, and just isn't feeling the connection you do.

4 is lastly, he might just be interested in casual fun like you said.

I would wait a couple more days, say to the end of the week (if you don't hear by Monday, maybe send him a cheeky little message and see how/if it he replies, and take it from there)

Now, this is the opinion of someone who's not been on any real "dates", and has only been in a relationship for 3 weeks of his life, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Just thought i'd give my own thoughts on it. Would much prefer you listen to someone who knows about this stuff.

• Haha, you’re a legend! I actually said to him so many times, “dude, you’re really intense”. Like, he is all “stare into my eyes” intense. However, i fun despite the full on passion he had. That’s why I find it weird to think he is suddenly not interested in me... you’d have to be bipola to change like that. Honestly. It was intense. Hahahaha! I’m thibking maybe the casual thing. I shall wait until the end of the week to message. Thank you xx