Can going on T affect my chances of getting pregnant and carrying a baby?

Me and my boyfriend want a family in the future so I agreed to carry the baby for 9 months. Despite being a trans guy I still want my own kids. I also want to go on testosterone and I’ll just stop taking it a few months prior to getting inseminated. I’m not sure if it will affect my chances of conceiving. I really want both in my life though to make me more comfortable but I also want my own child. If I were to stop taking T I were to detransition and I’ll have to start all over again after the pregnancy. So I don’t know if going on T now is even worth it.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to your doctor first. I know trans women who became infertile as soon as they went on hormones. Could mean the same for a trans guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should to your doctor about this. Yes, hormones are powerful and can really affect things.

But you can always adopt later too.

• Me and my partner don’t want to adopt we want to have our own children so I really don’t know what to do in this position