Can going on T affect my chances of getting pregnant and carrying a baby?

Me and my boyfriend want a family in the future so I agreed to carry the baby for 9 months. Despite being a trans guy I still want my own kids. I also want to go on testosterone and I’ll just stop taking it a few months prior to getting inseminated. I’m not sure if it will affect my chances of conceiving. I really want both in my life though to make me more comfortable but I also want my own child. If I were to stop taking T I were to detransition and I’ll have to start all over again after the pregnancy. So I don’t know if going on T now is even worth it.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to your doctor first. I know trans women who became infertile as soon as they went on hormones. Could mean the same for a trans guy.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should to your doctor about this. Yes, hormones are powerful and can really affect things.

But you can always adopt later too.

0|0
    0|0
    • Me and my partner don’t want to adopt we want to have our own children so I really don’t know what to do in this position

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do you mind if I ask a question? Doesn't the idea of giving birth go against your belonging to the male gender?

0|0
    0|0
    • So many trans guys do this, it isn’t something new. Yes it somewhat but me wanting my own biological children doesn’t make me any less of a guy. Sure I am going to have a pregnant belly till 9 months are up. I will just dress really masculine to make me feel better about myself and help cope with the body Dysphoria I will most likely have. But in the end if it means that I get to have my own children it’s worth it and I would want to go through this process. I don’t really care what people have to say about me. As long as I get a child in the end I would go through this process. Me and my partner want to have our own kids and I agreed to carry the baby and I’m going to stick to it. Because I know he wouldn’t want to because he has worse body/ gender Dysphoria then me. So I want to do it so we can still have a family.

• Ah ok, thanks, I was just curious

• I don't know. Talk to a doctor about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes