Is it bad I don't like girls that judge men by height?

One thing is that when a girl rejects you for being too short, which sucks, but you quickly get over it.

But if I started dating a girl and she would tell me something like she only dates guys that are at least 5'7 (I'm 5'9 myself), even tough I meet her height requirement I would be really turned off by that. I would just have fun with her a few times and stop seeing her.

The reason is that, growing up I was always really short and my height is my biggest insecurity so I could not be with a girl who I know puts an importance to it, even if I make the cut. It just rubs me the wrong way.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a little silly yes. I'm only 5'4" myself - while I understand that women prefer guys taller than themselves and I think they're entitled to that, I know how annoying it is at the same time. But for me to hold that against them when for example I wouldn't date a girl who was overweight would be hypocritical. If anything the ones that annoy me most are those who have those standards but then want to criticise others because they have standards that they don't fit, e. g.

http://i.imgur.com/o6snO1v.jpg

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not judging a person by their height, it's their preference of height - that's a big difference.
    I prefer taller males than myself but I also don't let it dictate on who I will and won't date. A girl may say she won't date guys who are shorter than 5"7" but if the truth came right down to it, they'll give a guy a chance if they click and she likes them for them.

0|1
    0|0
    • For me height is a very sensitive issue. It is a deep rooted insecurity that developed in my childhood. So I guess if a girl had a preference for height it would come down to how she words it out. If she did like you, say she prefers a guy that's taller than her but personality is what ultimately decides whether she dates a guy or not, i think I would be fine with that.

But if she said the guys has to be at least x inches tall it really really rubs me the wrong way. I don't think I could even be friends with a girl who thought like that. But thats just me

• Hopefully she'll have enough sense and keep it to herself to begin with. Something like that really shouldn't be broadcasted in my opinion.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Aha, I’ve never had a problem, being 6’3 myself. But if I was shorter, yeah, I’d be pretty unhappy as well. I do hear the girls who make fun of guys under 6’ so anyone saying it’s just a preference is simply wrong. I’m sure there are many girls who like your height, however

0|0
    0|0
  • wear soles in yo shoes that increase yo height.

Date a shorter girl

I can't relate to your height problem but still I can imagine how bad it must feel as a man to be 5'9.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it bad? No is it silly? Yes. There's no point in being bothered by that. Everyone has certain things they look for physically in a partner

0|0
    0|0
    • I would't be bothered by it if some random girl spews out her nonsense "I only date girls that are this tall". But if it's my own girlfriend who judges based on a characteristic I have a deep rooted insecurity on, I can't have a relationship with her.

• Show All
    • If she has a height requirement of for example 5'7 then she does care about height. I just happen to meet it at 5'9. But if I was 3 inches shorter she would have never chosen me in the first place. This is not something I would be able to get off my mind

• well just because someone has a preference does not mean that they won't ever feel differently when the time comes. I strictly like girls but I'm dating a boy... so...

• Nope, I don't like em either. Theyre only dating based on a phsycial attribute and looks

0|1
    0|0
  • That's how I feel. It's sucks to be judged on something you can't control. But be honest we judge them on looks and bodies. So it evens out

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I pity you. I'm not even white, and white girls and Latinas look at me like I'm Blake Griffin or Paul George. I guess being 6"7 helps

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes