Is it bad I don't like girls that judge men by height?

One thing is that when a girl rejects you for being too short, which sucks, but you quickly get over it.

But if I started dating a girl and she would tell me something like she only dates guys that are at least 5'7 (I'm 5'9 myself), even tough I meet her height requirement I would be really turned off by that. I would just have fun with her a few times and stop seeing her.

The reason is that, growing up I was always really short and my height is my biggest insecurity so I could not be with a girl who I know puts an importance to it, even if I make the cut. It just rubs me the wrong way.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a little silly yes. I'm only 5'4" myself - while I understand that women prefer guys taller than themselves and I think they're entitled to that, I know how annoying it is at the same time. But for me to hold that against them when for example I wouldn't date a girl who was overweight would be hypocritical. If anything the ones that annoy me most are those who have those standards but then want to criticise others because they have standards that they don't fit, e. g.

http://i.imgur.com/o6snO1v.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not judging a person by their height, it's their preference of height - that's a big difference.
    I prefer taller males than myself but I also don't let it dictate on who I will and won't date. A girl may say she won't date guys who are shorter than 5"7" but if the truth came right down to it, they'll give a guy a chance if they click and she likes them for them.

• For me height is a very sensitive issue. It is a deep rooted insecurity that developed in my childhood. So I guess if a girl had a preference for height it would come down to how she words it out. If she did like you, say she prefers a guy that's taller than her but personality is what ultimately decides whether she dates a guy or not, i think I would be fine with that.

But if she said the guys has to be at least x inches tall it really really rubs me the wrong way. I don't think I could even be friends with a girl who thought like that. But thats just me

• Hopefully she'll have enough sense and keep it to herself to begin with. Something like that really shouldn't be broadcasted in my opinion.