Do you still have to play hard to get?

A lot of people believe that the guy has to love the woman more for a relationship to work. I’ve been in my current relationship for 2 years and things are great and we love each other equally, but would you say at this point you still have to play a little hard to get?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it move as it is! Its ur life and try to listen to an outsiders comment! Just do as what u believe! Its ur life! One bad move can make the other one feels like something going in by the way u two! So, let it flow with the wind! As long as there r no problems, it will be fine and talk to him if u think that something matters to u a lot or when something is bothering u in a relationship! Communication is the key and that's y i am saying to talk a lot whenever u guys have free time! If there is not a lot of free time, then make some!

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate the " play hard to get" game. It's an immature approach and a risky game to play. It may push someone you love away from you. It'll cause distance between you both, rather than make you closer. He may think you're pulling away from him , and start to question how much you care.

I'd never want a guy I cared about to ever question if I still wanted him or not, or if I still cared. That would cause a guy to start to feel emotionally unsafe in the relationship

1|5
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A guy has to love a woman more for a relationship to work? Nah because if we act all lovey dovey and up your asses all the time, 100%, and needy, y'all will probably leave or just cheat.. But if its great, why play? That does work, but always leads to stress and over thinking.. Just don't spend 100% of your time together so you guys won't get sick of each other and run out of stuff to talk about

0|0
    0|0
  • So, you should seek each other equally, he should chase you and you should chase him, it helps if you both keep it interesting by flirting and playing hard to get, and also by having date nights, and trying new things.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Strong relationships are 80/20 with both people trying to be the one that gives 80." It's good advice, playing hard to get even in dating is a childish approach that will get you burned more often than not. Doing that with someone you love is a great way to lose someone you love.

0|1
    0|0
  • what's heard to get if he already has you? Lol I think if you're going strong there's not much more to do. I would say never always say yes lol But it depends on what you both crave out of the relationship. Something you'd have to talk about to him I suppose. But if you're both stratified then there's nothing more you need to do:-)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a risky game. Personally I'm at the age where I won't play it. You're either interested or you're not. If you want to treat the relationship as a game, I will walk away and find someone who is serious about a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • Playing hard to get causes unnecessary suffering. Which leads to frustration if not anger.
    If you end up alone with cats for company, you may think back to this question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of say it, s about both of you, everyone else is on the outside looking in. I like that you two love equally that's very important. There should always be more to learn about each Other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck yeah make him work for it as long as there is a pay off at the end it will keep the relationship fresh

0|0
    0|0
  • People always like the game. You almost always have to play to a certain extent.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't need to play hard to get, just don't get lazy. There's a difference.

0|2
    0|0
  • It’s important for women to actually be hard to get. Men chase, women choose.

0|0
    0|2
    • Personally I gave up chasing. I will show my interest, if you reject it or not show interest back I stop. Relationships aren't a game and if that's what you want I'm not playing

• Show All
    • Even worse

• No things are great.

• Why would you? For what reason? Youve been together for years it supposed to be more easier than harder

0|0
    0|0
  • A little run around is pretty fun for a while. But run to much and you might loose him.

0|2
    0|0
  • Definitely as the relationship gets older and you grow with age you need to show that the love still has not come down

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls that are hard to get do not need to play hard to get.
    Girls that are actually hard to get have standards and are also dead serious when they are in a relationship. They are girls who are way above average and you'll feel it in every way in your relationship with her. And if you can't keep up they'll dump you.
    On the contrary, girls that are just playing hard to get have nothing to offer except their vagina and you see it right away. They are the ones playing little useless mind games or expect you to understand the contrary of what they are saying.

To sum up :
    Women are hard to get and are all in when they choosed a partner.
    Girls just play hard to get, contributes nothing to the relationship and keep playing childish mind games forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why play hard to get 2 years in? Just show that you're serious about the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always play hard to get, that's how you get the best man!

0|0
    0|6
    • That doesn’t work hun. People with decent self esteem will away from that kind of person with those childish games.

• Hard to get no. Playing hard to get can still be very exciting though!

0|0
    0|0
  • Make it interesting, but not impossible, give him what he wants without asking but don't be needy

0|0
    0|0
  • If you play hard to get, it just frustrates us. Especially after a 2 yr relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah to make your relationship a lot more interesting and a bit of fun! People do that to have fun!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you love a person and you play hard to get you just might lose the person that you love.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's upto you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you? Don't make it hard on him, chill

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't play hard to get

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never done that and I will never do

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope just be yourself lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm easy going everyone is sexy in their own way

0|0
    0|0
  • A little hard to get after 2 years together? You should be at a level of comfort now where you feel safe with each other but still have enough playful chemistry to keep it exciting, so I wouldn’t rock the boat too much otherwise one or both of you could fall out.

0|0
    0|0
  • These are the kinds of games people that are more often than not single play. People in relationships are usually mature enough to acknowledge the waste of time games in general are. There's a time and place for games of course, as some games keep things interesting, but most people overdue playing hard to get, and it typically only works out well for them in movies.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes