Pls tell me if I’m trippin about my boyfriend n his daughter?

So my boyfriend and I have been together over a year. He has a daughter and as do I.
We just had our son last week and I feel kind of at ease. He compares our son to his daughter A LOT! “He’ll have her eyes, her skin tone, maybe her hair” and I just look at him like uhm no he won’t, because your daughter isn’t mine. He now started picking his daughter up a lot to come over, which is fine, but she’s just bad so she stresses me out. He’s been sharing a lot of pics of his daughter online and I’m just really confused.
He says he doesn’t want her to feel left out but tbh she’s 8. I don’t think she cares. Before he was fine with randomly seeing her now he acting different.
He made a statement that he’s going to get her face and his sons on his arm and it makes me think like ok? My daughter will be upset.
Am I trippin about all this?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is it bad your son and his daughter are siblings they are going to have some features a like maybe he wants to be a better father u should be happy about that and honestly instead of calling a kid bad maybe u should spend more time getting to know her and no it shouldn't make your daughter feel left out but i dont see why he wouldn't get all three names just an opinion j should talk to him about that

• They will have a few but I don’t like him comparing them as she isn’t mine. My son is ours and his daughter is theirs.
      I’ve spent over a year with her. She doesn’t listen very well n I believe it’s due to mom.

• I understand that but the more u say she isn't yours and look at it that way the less likely she is to want to be around u or mind u. As an example my husband is not my daughter's bio dad but he would dare someone to tell him different and when people ask how many kids he has he encludes all of them and doesn't add in step daughter by any means children can sence when someone looks at them differently also its not that childs fault u are not her mother and that someone else is and frankly regardless of her mother u should be happy the father is wanting to be a good father j knew he had a child when u came into the relationship none of that was ment in a rude way i was just giving my opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• He's trying to have a family. I also think he's trying to be a better father for his daughter because of you all having a son now. I think you should be more supportive. He's not tripping, he's evolving into a real father

• I’m trying to be supportive but on the other hand I just find it weird.

• Yes. You’re right.

• Tell him how you feel, but I would lead with the being a better father compliment first