Do attractive people often go for "average" looking people?

Do you ever see like a very attractive person with a person who is considered "average" or "less" ?
  • Yes, I've seen it a lot
  • Yeah, it happens once in a while
  • Never seen it, but it's possible
    Vote C
  • No
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E

1417

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you don't want someone to out shine you and be more attractive than yourself, so of course you'll want to find a lower level human to parade around with you.

It actually helps make you look more attractive... Like their buck teeth and crossed eyes amplify your own awesomeness.

It also makes more and more people approach you and ask "why are you with that? You could do so much better."

It makes them think they stand a chance at getting with you while at the same time, their attention boosts your self esteem in knowing that you still got it.

But they stand zero chance because then you lose your edge by being with someone slightly more attractive, you lose the attention and thus, you lose that self esteem boost.

The fuglier the partner, the better looking you appear... Kind of like how objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people in the world are average or below average. If attractive people only dated attractive people, then it would severely limit our options. It's like saying you'd only date someone over 6ft tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. Your options go from hundreds of millions to maybe a few million or a few hundred thousand in the world.

Also, looks are not everything. They matter, but they are not everything. If a person is a 5, they better have other redeeming qualities to make them rate higher overall as a person in general. A brilliant and successful 5 is worth more than a gorgeous and trouble making lazy bum of a 9.