Do attractive people often go for "average" looking people?

Do you ever see like a very attractive person with a person who is considered "average" or "less" ?
  • Yes, I've seen it a lot
    Vote A
  • Yeah, it happens once in a while
    Vote B
  • Never seen it, but it's possible
    Vote C
  • No
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you don't want someone to out shine you and be more attractive than yourself, so of course you'll want to find a lower level human to parade around with you.

It actually helps make you look more attractive... Like their buck teeth and crossed eyes amplify your own awesomeness.

It also makes more and more people approach you and ask "why are you with that? You could do so much better."

It makes them think they stand a chance at getting with you while at the same time, their attention boosts your self esteem in knowing that you still got it.

But they stand zero chance because then you lose your edge by being with someone slightly more attractive, you lose the attention and thus, you lose that self esteem boost.

The fuglier the partner, the better looking you appear... Kind of like how objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people in the world are average or below average. If attractive people only dated attractive people, then it would severely limit our options. It's like saying you'd only date someone over 6ft tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. Your options go from hundreds of millions to maybe a few million or a few hundred thousand in the world.

Also, looks are not everything. They matter, but they are not everything. If a person is a 5, they better have other redeeming qualities to make them rate higher overall as a person in general. A brilliant and successful 5 is worth more than a gorgeous and trouble making lazy bum of a 9.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• theirs a movie called duff (on netflix) were her best friends are super attractive and she's average and she thinks her friends are only with her so guys dont feel intimidated to ask them out. Designated Ugly Fat Friend...

1|0
    0|0
  • People forget how important a personality is.. When you're young, looks matter a whole lot, but it changes when you get older, because you want someone you can actually stand to be around and talk to instead of some air headed bimbo who constantly takes selfies

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't follow because I happen not to know whose average whose attractive what is to me is them not like is that what you're defining? I may fancy a husband over another husband as that's a better match than the other husband is that what you mean?

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I've always tried to punch above my weight or at least equal to when it came to choosing women to date. But even if I do consider myself above average in all respects, it still doesn't seem to be working out. Going to set the bar lower to increase my chances seems like a good idea atm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah ordinal experience says it's my confidence and sense of humor
    Depending on the chick my intelligence is a factor

And I'm poor so that's not it lol

2|0
    0|0
  • Mostly incase of girls
    Have seen Exceedingly hot girls roaming around with average looking guys
    1 possible reason could be there are many many attractive girls but very less extraordinary looking men, normally men are average looking

3|0
    0|0
  • Usually I see couples that match. Like both play sports and similar stuff. But most of the time, in my town at least, girls are more attracted to the troublemakers. And in between those two kinds, is the ones that are either smart or they don't want or need a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been with a guy that girls drool over and he started off attractive but he turned out to be a miniplative asshole as soon as I realised that he became un attractive to me

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve seen it happen. They’re more into the personality than the looks

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like it’s because they fall in love with their personality or even because the attractive person has low self esteem and doesn’t think they deserve better

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know because I don't know what an average person is supposed to look like.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I see it a bit... Because if some one actually give them a chance too show there personality, it can be the more attractive thing than just looks... Just takes longer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men will often fall in love with someone less attractive than they are, but women typically insist on someone really attractive even if they aren't attractive themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's not true
    People often go for someone on their own level

2|0
    0|0
  • I've seen more handsome men settle for average women.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes a lot. most people are average.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m ugly so I wouldn’t know

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's love

2|0
    0|0
  • I like ugly people, I want to be the pretty one

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s life. No all hot people are with each other

1|0
    0|0
  • I even see them with ugly people

0|0
    0|0
  • This definitely happens

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think this happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly girls

1|0
    0|0
  • ...😃

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes its possible

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it happens once in a while

1|0
    0|0
  • I would love to have a good looking partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying to not sound too cocky and vain, but I would rate myself an 8 or a 9 and I've always had a lot of offers from different girls. And I also consider my wife to be goodlooking. I'm aware that a lot of people don't think she's very goodlooking, but honestly I fell in love with her personality and I don't really give a shit about how she looks. I love her to pieces and will continue to love her.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes