How can you accept expensive gifts without feeling guilty?

Okay so my partner wants to buy me expensive stuff that I've mentioned I liked (without ACTUALLY asking for anything) and I'm just not comfortable!

Like sure, who doesn't want to be spoilt and loved, but I feel like materialistic if I accept the gifts or I think about the money that he could have spent on himself.

We're both kind of geeky so we wants to buy me a console thingy to play a game with him or he knows I like rings a lot so he wants to buy me one.

It's gonna cost so much!

Problem is, I DO want it, but I just can't bring myself to accept it. I'm just so uncomfortable with accepting the gifts. Uggghh

I HAVE spoken about it, he just shushes me
  • You should accept the gifts.
  • You shouldn't accept the gifts.

91

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep denying until he forces (not in a abusive way) you to take it. Then you can say '' Oh well he forced me to take it anyway".

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people’s way of expressing their affection, their “love language” if you will, is by giving gifts. You’d be denying him of this satisfaction if you don’t let him. But at the same time it’s important that you let him know what your “love language” is so that he knows what type of things have more meaning to you. For example it could be spending quality time, or touching you more. Y’all need to find out each other’s love languages in order to understand one another better.

• This! ^^^ my boyfriend spends a lot on me like taking me out to eat and buying me tickets to go to places with him. I try to pay for meals or something when I can. I also offer to use my car and drive to him (30 miles away). I don’t know what else to do for him... we’re both super shy and he’s not that touchy feely. Or at least so he says. I love getting kisses from him though. Think he does too.

• I think you've read the same book as me lol