Do you think that some people don’t respect their partner as much as they should?

If I was in a relationship with someone I would never take that for granted I would appreciate what I have with my partner. I would make sure he feels wanted and loved I would always listen to him when he’s down, the most important thing to me is to know he is happy I would definitely make sure of that. 😊☺️

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sadly a lot of people take for granted what they have. Its easy in today's world where there is increasing pressure and expectations, but if you get into a relationship make time for eachother. Schedule it in your agenda if things get too busy in your life. Keep this in your thoughts and change a perspective: Every time you say "I don't have time for that", change it into "It is not a priority to me". Apply this to everything and re-evaluate the importance of things to you. You have a very good idea about what you would for your partner. Stick to it and he/she will be proud to have you as their partner.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    My Dad doesn’t respect my Mom.
    He gets mad if she stays late at work (works at a church)
    But my Dad can work overnight if he needs to
    He gets mad when she goes out with her friends (only on their Birthdays)
    He gets mad when she corrects my younger brother
    He gets mad if she gets home and wants to go to bed because she is tired
    He gets mad if she doesn’t cook dinner
    He gets mad if she tells him something needs to be repaired in the house and also gets mad if she just takes care of it herself.
    He gets mad if she has a business trip she has to go on (conference meeting with other churches)
    He got mad because she cut her hair.
    He treats her like a child instead of an equal.
    He gets mad if she spends her hard earned money, but is allowed to spend his... the list goes on

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh really that must be horrible for you. I bet you would sometimes feel piggy in the middle hey... If it bothers you a lot maybe just talk to them and tell them how you’ve been feeling he obviously has a few issues to sort out

• Show All
    • Not from my Moms side. But most definitely from my Fathers side...
      I’m good. I know what a good marriage looks like...

• That’s great 😁

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Of course they do. Just wait. You'll take plenty of things for granted... Not on purpose mind you, but it will happen. You can't possibly be in touch with every single aspect of your relationship at once. I personally believe that you have a great attitude! I would love to meet an older woman with an attitude like yours. You gotta be a little realistic though. The word "never" is tripping you up...

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok yeah you have a point but I’m going to appreciate what I have...

• I wouldn't expect anything less! You are a kind-hearted individual. I can tell it is one of your greatest strengths! Just leave a little room for the imperfection that is humanity. I wish you the best of luck!

• Thank you 😊

• Respect is very necessary

The people who don't respect their partners show that they don't love them too

1|0
    0|0
  • I really think that there are some people that doesn´t give the due credit to their partner and doesn´t give them a treatment as great as they should give and yes i do think it is majority of those people take their partner for granted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Mainly gals bt sometimes guys too. I would never. Ill do exactly what ur thoughts are 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • The problem is to keep this attitude for 20, 30 or more years within a marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • People should respect their partner in order to keep the relationship alive and healthy! I agree too! Loving and being wanted by you feels like he appreciates you and wants to spend time with you! All couples should be happy and enjoying their time with each other!

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes exactly. You have to be happy with your partner that’s all that matters

• Show All
    • Yeah 😁

• Hey wanna get to know each other? I would love that!

• Yeah some people don't and they don't deserve to be in a relationship , I mean they should have the value of the relationship as they should know that they have some people don't have a partner and ask them how it feels to be alone always

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I know so. I've known guys who seemed to barely know their wives. They went through the motions of marriage but never really paid attention. I heard one woman say "My husband said the strangest thing to me... he mentioned that I needed to get my roots done". Her husband thought his fair-skinned pink cheeked blue-eyed wife was a bleach blonde. I barely knew her but it was obvious on first meeting that she was a natural blonde. I would have thought that he would have noticed at some point that the carpet matched the drapes.

1|0
    0|0
    • They had three children when she said this. The oldest was ten.

• You said it yourself, your not the problem any guy would love to have a girl that thinks the way you expressed yourself. Keep doing what your are and that guy thats thinks the same will soon lay eyes on you. Goodluck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Most take others for granted as time weighs in
    but some like us have been in prison with a Hitler so will never take an angel for granted when finally granted one

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends as we don't always draw the same lines of what respected and loved is so that's where people have problems

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah very true I guess people look at things differently. Maybe different growing up

• All types of things and on differnt subjects that's why communication is key from the start hard the questions asked in relationship section could be as were by the partner they correspond to but people are dumb and won't ask

• Yeah very true

• Most people don't respect their partner as much as they should

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's hope so

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they take em for granted

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah exactly

• Show All
    • Yeah some have

• Hey then I'm glad for you too 🤩💯👌

• I do think there are yes, I know out of experience..

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely. There are some cases that are more severe than others though. It’s normal to have some things that are definitely taken for granted in every relationship, and you both can work on those things together. But there are relationships when one or both people take the other for granted in almost every every aspect. Those are the kind of relationships that I think are truly not fair or healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just disrespectful

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah some people don't respect

1|0
    0|0
  • They're assholes and usually have some sort of mental issues.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes