Why does society make me feel bad for having dating preferences?

840

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody cares about random dating preferences, unless they have a friend who moans about being single but is weirdly picky.

When people are frustrated by preferences, its not because -you- have a preference, it's because enough people share your preference that it starts creating social discord. And then people naturally want to push back against that bias, because either they or some people they know are being hurt by the societal bias, or because they simply recognize that if most people want partners, people need to pair up not sit around all waiting for the same group of people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Society is still highly critical and controlling of woman. Our bodies, faces, sexual activities, partner preferences. It's gotten to a point where even woman will judge other woman. However, never let other people decide shit for you. You know what you want so go for it. People will find any reason to judge because they're bored so just tell them to fuck off ;) you do you, girl

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE