Why aren't girls impressed anymore when someone shreds the guitar?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, it’s not exactly the same, but my ex used to sing to me and I’d just feel way too awkward and wouldn’t know how to respond 😂 which is silly maybe when I consider that we’re in choir and theatre together, but still. I find him impressive, but not when he’s purposely doing something to impress me. Don’t know if that makes any sense.. but yeah, I’m a lot more impressed when the guy’s not necessarily wanting my attention. Sounds stupid now that I’m saying it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ those are my two cents

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how and why your doing it. If its just for her its probably gonna be awkward and uncalled for her to spend 5-10 min sat quietly on your bed or something listening to you play.

Also I found quite a few musicians think that the music is all they need to woo a lady. Its not just about the song your playing. You need a personality that fits it with charisma and charm.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm talking about first impressions

• Yeah and Im telling you its not the item or the skill that matters. Its the passion and the personality behind it.

I play a bit of guitar myself and I used to play quite well. But I never played to impress a girl. I've let them see my art (paintings sculptures etc) before. But that's different because they were round mine and it doesn't take time and 100% of their attention to enjoy.

• I feel playing something to someone creates a barrier between the 2. Because you've set yourself up as the performer and them as the audience.

Its much better to both be the audience of something you can enjoy together.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• To be honest, I'm not really impressed by shredding on the guitar. But I do like guys who can play guitar, lol. I also play, so maybe my standards are a bit higher.

Then again, nowadays the average person my age and younger doesn't seem to give a fuck about real instruments or actual musical talent. All the popular music now is like 90% electronic in some way. The girls you're meeting likely listen to that stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like musicians... They are the types that want to stand on a stage and have girls throw themselves at them... Seems pointless, I head for the exit as soon as they claim any interest in being a musician.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um that’s possibly the hottest thing that exists. Music is one of the most important things in my life, so seeing someone play with a lot of passion gets me hotttttt 😍😍😍🤤🤤🤤

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d find it hot. I almost wet myself there and then when my partner bust out a drum solo. I didn’t even know he could play. I wanted to order some tight leather trousers straight away 🤤 like David Coverdale from Whitesnake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most girls listen to pop/r&b/ hip hop.
    My thoughts any way.

0|1
    0|0
  • People usually admire others who are genuinely passionate about what they do. Not tryhards that do shit just to get laid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl and level of skill, I think. Also how overdone whatever the piece is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'd melt if a guy played the guitar to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be impressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s mint when a guy gets his Slash on ahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you don't know every single female so...

1|0
    0|0
  • You’re just around the wrong girls boo 😘

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be impressed

0|0
    0|0
  • What? I’d be impressed

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 25

• Because

0|0
    0|1
  • A girl will be more into you playing something melodic and recognizable. Shredding turns other dudes on..

0|0
    0|0
  • Guessing it's down to what you play, whenever I play piano or keyboard I play rnb chords n everyone goes wild

0|0
    0|0
  • All they care about is how you approach them and talk to them! They'll be impressed if you're really good at it. But most women don't because they care about what attracts them and chatting with humor!

0|0
    0|0
  • "anymore"? they never were. you can only attract dudes with that. except if you're a celeb, in that case they'll shower you in pussy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because a lot of guys can do that. If you want to impress a woman, you need to be good at something that not everyone can do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not even good and I still impress them. I don't know what you're talking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every girl is different and have different mentalities that make them unique. There might be a girl thats not impressed or there might be a girl that loves your guitar skills. Goodluck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to scat on a trumpet, and was always surprised people didn't find my random notes impressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't know all the girls, but I would guess the ones you come across have met plenty of men that know how to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • This isn't the nineties, quit shredding the guitar and start shredding some puss-puss!

0|0
    0|0
  • People are now into tecno and pop. They don't care for music with instruments and with guitar skills :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because they themselves can shred a little, too or they don't care as much as they used to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if you figure out why they were impressive in the past. Then you would be wiser than us

0|0
    0|0
  • They want those little Pump rhymes instead, step your game up!

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because it's outdated or won't work these days

0|0
    1|0
  • They are but it works way better if you're in a band

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I can fix their phones.

0|0
    0|0
  • @Julia420 is impressed

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I am ☺️
      Guitar players are automatically 10X hotter 🔥

• Because its cliché and annoying a lot of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes