Why aren't girls impressed anymore when someone shreds the guitar?

1526

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, it’s not exactly the same, but my ex used to sing to me and I’d just feel way too awkward and wouldn’t know how to respond 😂 which is silly maybe when I consider that we’re in choir and theatre together, but still. I find him impressive, but not when he’s purposely doing something to impress me. Don’t know if that makes any sense.. but yeah, I’m a lot more impressed when the guy’s not necessarily wanting my attention. Sounds stupid now that I’m saying it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ those are my two cents

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how and why your doing it. If its just for her its probably gonna be awkward and uncalled for her to spend 5-10 min sat quietly on your bed or something listening to you play.

Also I found quite a few musicians think that the music is all they need to woo a lady. Its not just about the song your playing. You need a personality that fits it with charisma and charm.

• I'm talking about first impressions

• Yeah and Im telling you its not the item or the skill that matters. Its the passion and the personality behind it.

I play a bit of guitar myself and I used to play quite well. But I never played to impress a girl. I've let them see my art (paintings sculptures etc) before. But that's different because they were round mine and it doesn't take time and 100% of their attention to enjoy.

• I feel playing something to someone creates a barrier between the 2. Because you've set yourself up as the performer and them as the audience.

Its much better to both be the audience of something you can enjoy together.