Is it weird I don't wanna date "fat" girls?

I sport 5-6 times a week, if I would date a girl, I would like her to be sporty, so we can do these sporty things together. Like hiking long distances, climbing mountains, biking together etc. Whats your opinion on my way of thinking, am I too selfish?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• While it isn't weird, I'd advise a little more open mindedness. Some "fat" girls aren't truly fat, and some may actually like to get into sports and better themselves. It's up to you, but sometimes helping someone else achieve their dreams (that may be weight and sport related) bring better happiness. Up to you, and you're entitled to your own opinion. I know I'm classed as fat yet am constantly active around a yard and riding horses, taking walks on my days off.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not at all attracted to overweight women, no matter what reasons people can come up with for it being shallow or whatever, the fact is you can't help what your preferences are, and if we tell people all the time that they aren't racist for preferring Asians over whatever, then preferring people in shape over those not in shape is the same kind of thing.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't think its weird. Why would you want to date someone who doesn't share the same lifestyle? If your worried about people fat shaming you, then just say you don't want to date women who aren't fit

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you judge a fat girl isn't sporty? Sometimes a presumingly fat girl can be more healthy, sporty and flexible than most.. so if you found one! Would her body type be a problem?

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) No, it's not weird.

2) Fat girls aren't entitled to be dated by you. Date a fatty if you want to be altruistic but dating who you think you'll fit with well is not selfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coming from a fat girl, no that's completely fine. I see it as you just wanting someone with the same hobbies as yourself. It'll work out better for you in a relationship anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it's not selfish. It's a preference.
    I don't want to date fat guys either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. It's normal to want things in common with your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're completely ok! Nothing to worry about. Many guys (especially those who make a lot of sport) prefer sporty girls. Me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nibba I hate exercise but I wouldn't want to date someone fat. It just reminds me of myself when I was fatter and I hate it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird at all. It's normal to want someone who takes care/pride in their body like you do. I feel the same way

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • It's your preference

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that's wrong, though my opinion may be unpopular, lol. People are all attracted to different things. Some men are attracted to bigger women, some are not, and especially if you want to connect through being active, being with someone who is more inactive won't be fair to either of you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes