Seeing if my boyfriend will cheat on me?

I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 and a half years. Yes he has cheated on me in the past (not physically) but still texting other females being really flirty. He claims he hasn’t cheated on me in about 4 months and I’ve been pretty lenient about his personal space because honestly I’d really avoid it than know and be hurt. No I’m not one of those crazy girlfriends that stalk his every move but I want to know if he can be honest and keep his word by now. I’ve gave him multiple chances because I do believe in second chances because everybody makes mistakes. I’ve come to a conclusion. I’ve been thinking about making a fake Snapchat and messaging him to see what he would do in a situation like that either cheat on me or stand up and say no I’m in a relationship. I’ve never done anything like this so it kinda makes me nervous but I feel this would be my answer on what my next move is. If he does say he’s in a relationship then I’ll back off and simply delete that page and say nothing to him but if he does decide to cheat then I’ll know where our relationship stands. Do you agree with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you have so little trust in him, that you want to make a fake snapchat account to find out if he's cheating again is a recipe for disaster in this relationship! Even if he was faithful and loyal to you enough to avoid flirting with you on this fake account, who's to say you wouldn't try something similar to this again if you feel like he was cheating on you again later on?

This won't solve anything as the damage has been done and building up trust again requires trust on both your end and his. If it's clear that his behavior changes such as him avoiding you, spending a lot less time with you than he usually does and/or he becomes less flirty around you, it's time to have that serious conversation about it. If he continues to ignore you, then it's time to move on. It's never healthy to be in a toxic relationship where you're constantly worried about being cheated on all the time.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously the first sensible reason is that if you don’t trust him he’s not making you feel very secure in your relationship so you’d just be better off leaving. BUT I can understand why this would also be a good idea, at least this way you’ll KNOW for sure and never wonder if you was right or not (because you’ll likely be confused by his past behaviour since you decided to stay). This will give you closure and you’ll gain a sense of confidence in trusting your gut instinct which clearly I think you need to be honest to give you the courage to go.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• When you lose that trust its hard to gain back. I wouldn't trick him by creating a false account. Most people now a days can catch a fake account in a minute. The thing with snapchat, is his name posted anywhere? If not a random girl got his account name and added him and started to hit him up. He will probably look this girl up on Facebook or Twitter and if she exists & he will probably know its you or at least someone he knows is messing with him. He has obviously made poor choices in the past and now it comes down to either you trusting him or not. It's a tough decision on your end because you have been together for a while. I dont recommend snooping but considering you two have been together for 2 years you need to talk to him. I would say hey I'm uncomfortable and I'm getting this feeling you're not being honest with me. You've made some decisions that have now made me insecure about us. Maybe even catch him off guard and just ask to see his phone. Can I look at your phone to put me at ease. If he wants to hide his phone then honey something is in there. Looking through his phone is a privacy thing. But if he doesn't have anything to hide then he should at least put you at ease. Also, dont let him leave the room or wait a couple days he may be clearing things out. It's also pretty natural to find some adult content on his phone but if it's a celebrity or some picture off the internet let it be. It's pretty normal. But some random chick or someone you know is unacceptable obviously. I really would just confront him. Go out on a date enjoy yourselves and just talk to him. You would be surprised what he might come out and tell you. Some guys are just like that too they want to talk to someone that will give them an ego boost. Men tend to sway away and then realize later what they had all along is what they wanted but you need to communicate instead of trapping him. He lied to you and if you lie to him it isn't going to be any better

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I dont think you should stay in a relationship with someone you trust so little that you need to test them.

That being said, I'd do that too.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Lying to find out if he's lying is not good. Either you trust him, or you don't. Clearly you don't, which means you either part ways, or explain your feelings and reasons and work together to come up with some way for him to regain your trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like me. Don’t do that though. Don’t fool him cause if he does respond to it you’ll be upset.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you instincts are screaming at you like this, why fight them. He cheated and it is clear you don't trust him. He did something awful and you want to do something awful to make sure he isn't doing it again.
    You state he has done it before but hasn't done it in about 4 months. How many chances do you give? How many times do you listen to him say he is sorry, but his actions say otherwise?
    How many times do you get to feel crazy because he gets a random text at a weird time and doesn't show or tell you?
    Only you can say when enough is enough, but don't you love yourself enough to be in a relationship where the other person cares about you enough to never do this?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys are going to fail a test.

We still faithful by avoiding the temptation in the first place

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it if u have chosen to trust him then do it don't play games

0|0
    0|0
  • Just get a new boyfriend. The fact you need to test means the relationship has already failed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone telling her to trust him is dumb you should never trust a person fully that's dumb af and I'm sure he would cheat i have done it before to my ex and he was flirting with the fake snapchat girl (me) and calling her beautiful and was sexual as well so i ended it with him , test him that's how you know if he deserves your trust or not i can even tell you how to send fake snapchat pics

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes