Would you date someone that drinks or drinks way too much?

I honestly hate it. I would be friends with a responsible drinker but I'll be damn if I ever find a drunk ass attractive. I just can't.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I drink so rarely that I'm essentially a non-drinker. I don't mind it if my SO drinks socially on occasion, but if it's a daily thing (more than, say, a glass of wine a day), or if she can't have fun without drinking, then that's a deal breaker for me.

As a mobile DJ, I have been around drunk people on a regular basis for decades, and I have a low tolerance for drunken bullshit in my personal life.

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh wow! I never been drunk. Also don't ever plan to be. What it like to be a dj?

• Show All
    • I don't see it can't have fun without booze. But can have more fun with booze.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dated a guy who basically lived in a state of drunk since breakfast. i didn't really know how bad it was till in the relationship. And it was rough. and ill never do it again. i won't date anyone who drinks even a little EVER again. and ill never have alcohol in my house.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 61

• No. I don't like drinking, and couldn't deal with someone who wanted to spend most of their free time drunk.

2|1
    0|0
    • Same. I think you got be really stupid to be drinking all the time.

• Major deal breaker. Comes from having an alcoholic girlfriend for 18 years. Never again.

Sloppy drunks are just disgusting. Girls who get drunk and come home and start a fight over imagined things are too much stress. Then if you try to talk to them the next day when they are sober, they deny doing it, because they don't remember a damn thing about the night before.

When you are out with them for a nice dinner, and it's 11:00PM on a Friday night, and they can't wait to get home, because they are full of anxiety from being "over due for a drink", then it ruins the whole evening.

When they simply disappear on a drinking binge for days, and you don't know if they are alive, dead, arrested for a DUI, or just ghosted you, you just have to not care any more.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thats insane. Didn't you noticed that she was a big drinker?

• Show All
    • Oh it's a concert small bar show. These musicians are coming to D. C. So I bought tickets. So I can still go anytime but I rather go listen to music.

• Although I don't think I'll be drinking.

• Let me know if you find anyone who says "yes, I'd date a drunkard or functional alcoholic" .. and is serious. Hmmm... but I bet there are lots of guys who would fuck one !

1|0
    0|0
    • You be surprise how many girl marry alcoholics that hid it well.

• Someone who drinks? Depends on the amount, type and possibly occasion. Someone who drinks much? No. For me an after work beer is perfectly fine if it stays at one and drinking whole having fun with friends shouldn't be too much of an issue either.

1|0
    0|0
  • As my mom has been an alcoholic for about 5 years (drunk at least for 4-5 days and her body was so accostumed to it that even of she wasn't she'd still have the effects at the end of the night (probably also because of exhaustion)) I would never do that 😅

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I had the hoes for someone ounce until she drank herself so bad she pissed herself. That ended that fantasy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol is fine in moderation, once or twice when you don't have to work in the morning. If they drink every night that's a no-go cause alcoholism runs in my family so I gotta be careful who I'm around.

1|0
    0|0
  • My dad was a violent alcoholic but few of my closest friends have been those fighting against alcoholism. The odd drink is fine but I couldn't date someone who was always drunk as it makes me feel alone or like they can't be with me sober.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya I can't be with someone who drinks, the last person I was with broke my hart because she was drunk one night and cheated on me... just another reason for me to hate alcohol

2|0
    0|0
  • I kinda drink a lot but I'm also a student. And Dr me someone that doesn't drink is more easy a deal breaker. And getting total drunk isn't great. But love a beer or 2 at the end of a hard day and a bit more when going out with friends

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink from time to time but I do it for company of my closest friends. If someone I date drank, I would drink too, I don't mind it then. As long as stays in healthy matter. I wouldn't date an alcoholic of course. I hate alcoholics.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they are responsible and drink in moderation, I feel this would be ok if they prefer to drink alcoholic beverages just like many of us would prefer to drink soda, tea, gatorade, e. t. c. If on the other hand they were purposely getting drunk all the time or purely drinking to numb their emotions, it's not only unhealthy that can cause brain/liver damage in the long run but it can lead to really nasty arguments/fights when your mind isn't stable at that time.

Personally, I never liked the taste of alcohol as it tasted too bitter but I love to feel like an adult at times by drinking sparking cider in a wine cup! Cheers to those who drink responsibility, thumbs down to those that don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drinkng isn't a issue its driving too much that it. Im not a big drinker so couldn't deal with someone that drinks a lot

2|0
    0|0
  • Drinking occasionally is fine with me but I probably would not date an alcoholic...

2|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Even moderate drinkers I steer clear of. Sure, I'll have a drink or two, but drinking is not a part of my lifestyle, nor do I want it to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not continue seeing someone who was habitually drunk or constantly drinking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure I scared a girl away by consuming copious amounts of alcohol on the regular when we were talking/hanging out. It's safe to, say I've learned and don't drink at all anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • I drink socially, but alcoholics are ticking time bombs. I'd personally try to stay away alcoholics because it's just too much heartbreak and unhealthy

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind someone that drinks, but routinely getting shit-faced would ring alarm bells for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I, myself do not drink, and I do not mind people who drink. But if you brag about it that is just plain disgusting (when girls brag about it that is)

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• To many calories once a month if that we let loose and get hammered just not good for your body so I don’t hardly ever do it might once every couple weeks drink one or two to sleep good but I’m not a fan of wasting money on that lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a guy friend that tried to force me to date him. He drank every single day and night. It turned me off. I’m okay with occasional drinking but if you’re going to drunk call me every night then nooooo

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy a couple of glasses of wine each evening, so does my partner. Sometimes we let our hair down on a weekend, but I hate the feeling of being drunk. If my partner was one to get blitzed every weekend regardless or even in the week i would be very concerned.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind someone who drinks as long as its not every single day. But I can't handle drunkards. They're just too much.

2|0
    0|0
  • No if the drink way to much that mean they have a addiction and i would not want it to be my responsibility to take care of him or whatever whenever he is drunk

2|0
    0|0
  • The key here I think is knowing when to stop. I have no problem being friends with or dating people that drink, and as hilarious as a drunk loved one is, it's good to see them being mature enough to take care of themselves. Not a deal breaker for me if they drink, really. All in moderation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would only because I like drinking as well, but I know how to handle myself. I don't pass my limit maybe by one more drink and that's it.
    But it's totally fine that you don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, that’s a dealbreaker due to getting abused by my alcoholic mother in the past! Unless it’s in moderation I’m not going to tell someone to stop doing what they like but if it’s too much then they gotta go

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind if he drinks time to time but if it is everyday and too much then hell no. I prefer someone who doesn't drink though, it's nothing but poison after all and it smells really bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not drinks too much. A little here and there isn’t an issue, but a drunken idiot is. Also, alcoholism is a familial trait and a person that drinks too much is likely an alcoholic, and I don’t need to get tied up with that (nor do my future kids).

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink myself , so I prefer to be with a guy who doesn't drink either

1|0
    0|0
  • I can date a person who drinks with moderation on social occasions, but a heavy drinker is a huge turn off for me since that's like being an alcoholic.

1|0
    0|0
  • They will be committing illegal activities. I’m into bad boys so I would date

1|0
    0|1
  • no way. it wouldn't make me feel like i am in stable relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • no I couldnt do that, i get anxious around drunk people

2|0
    0|0
  • An occasional drinker, sure. An alcoholic? No, thanks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I date a girl who drink but if they drink to much maybe If they stop and wanna stop and need help if not I’m gone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could date someone who drinks occasionally or socially, an alcoholic? never.

1|0
    0|0
  • I married someone like that. Let's not talk about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Agreed
    and thus who would not agree?

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes