How do I know if a particular hang out was a date?

what are clues I can use to see if it was a date?
we were meeting for the first time but it wasn't a date specifically when we agreed to hang out - we have mutual friends actually and have messaged online about eachothers art. he saw a place i went to eat at a week ago and said it looked great and he wanted to try so we went together. He did reach for the tab, but I told him we'd split it. He doesn't talk much and even asked me if he was awkward but he's not exactly shy he still talks and showed me his trips and stuff. We took a walk after in the mall and then went off home.
Updates:
awesome because it was great and I've BEEN trying to get a date with him haha. thanks everyone!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• On one hand don't get caught up in the specifics trying to label everything into a neat order. Decide on your end if he is interesting and make a move. If he retaliates, make another. This goes on until you have a ring on your finger and more cats than kids. On the other hand, looks like a date to me lol

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He most definitely likes you and he considered it a date, he first off showed interest by saying he liked a place you eat at. He offered to pay, and the fact that he is asking questions on how you feel about him

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It was not a date but get together of good friends... date usually also involve feelings like love likeness being man and woman.. romance if u say.. but its good for the beginning but one of u should ask for date rather waiting else u will remain good friends

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds like a date to me! You can do what you want but on the next date if he attempts to pay, i'd suggest letting him but say "only if you let me get the next date because I want to do this again" good luck <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a verified idiot at knowing when something is a date, but any encounter is handy for getting to know eachother, and if the person your find yourself getting to know is to your fancy tell em you love em! That simple, doesn't matter if it was a date or not you can make it one. (I like to hang with girls just as mates as I do with guys so the location, fact it was just the two of us or frequency of meetings would tell me nothing, haha)

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a date at least on his part. If you're not interested that way let him know ASAP

1|1
    0|0
  • Call it whatever you want. A 'date' is two people getting to know each other in a romantic way. And it's your JOB to discern whether they're worthy, worth your investment in time and emotion, whether they're a match or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feelings, nd presentation would define it. Not the duration.. u can stay with some one even for a day without have that feeling. Will u call a day long time as date , certainly NO.. but if he praises u. Makes u comfortable. Or brings smile on her face. Even is this meeting last for a min or hr. That would be a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are not sure if it was a date, don't count it as a date. Girls I take on dates know they've been dated. Simply be straightforward and make feelings known.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tickling your tonsils with his tongue would be a clue.

1|1
    0|0
  • If he tried to kiss you or at least touched you at times it was a date. If not he was too pussy to show attraction to you and you should move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he asks to hang out again then it was a date or maybe you can ask to hang out again?

1|0
    0|0
  • If unsure ask. Some guys might be thrown off by this a little, but it should make it easier in the future to understand their ciew point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if he didn't say it was a date then it isn't.. simple as that

0|0
    0|1
  • He will probably talk and look at you a different way than other girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting, talking about sex, excessove touching, etc :p

0|0
    0|0
  • The ending... the beginning the middle is bullshit.. how it ends is all that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes the kind of reation the man puts up veryfies

0|0
    0|0
  • He would like it to be a date

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a date to me

1|0
    0|0
  • If you give him a handjob