We both like eachother and have a lot of history but he has a girlfriend. How do I handle this?

We’ve been good friends for about 6 years now and there's always been feelings there for eachother but the timings never been right. We’ve both helped eachother through major traumatic experiences in our lives and whenever we’re together, we’re both just truly happy. We went a couple of months without talking because I was going through a lot of things and wasn’t putting in any effort. About a month ago, I drunk called him and told him that I miss him incredibly and that I’m sorry for ruining everything. He told me to call him again when I’m sober and I did. He said he was so happy to hear from me and that he’d give me another chance (he was super respectful and understanding that I’d been through a lot of crap). We’ve been talking constantly ever since. He told me that he has a girlfriend and made sure that I knew it but continued to somewhat ‘flirt’ with me. We went clubbing together 2 nights ago and the spark was unlike anything either of us had ever felt before. We were drunk but we were both aware of what we were doing. We didn’t kiss or anything like that but we were very ‘touchy-feely’, him holding my hand throughout the night, kissing me on the forehead etc. During our ride back home, we were in the backseat cuddled up together. I had my head on his shoulder and he had his chin on my head, whilst really caressing my legs and occasionally kissing me on the forehead. His girlfriend popped into my head and I truly felt horrible, I still do but everything was just so perfect in that moment and I was just so at peace, something I hadn’ felt in the longest of times. Today, he asked me what that night meant to me. I told him that I didn't think it was my place to say (cause of his girlfriend and all) and he said he feels the exact same way and wants to call me later on to talk about it all. Its really clear that we both have feelings for eachother but dont know where to go from here. How do I handle this situation?

01