Is it a bad sign if a guy comments about your personality on a date?

The date was going well but he was telling me that he i need to learn how to be better with comebacks and that I’m too nice and too sweet and that he likes feisty
I took it as a joke but it kinda offended me. I don’t want to have to change my personality for a guy who ask me out. Is this a red flag?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. He's looking for someone you aren't and if so, you're not likely to ever be a good match. Part ways as friends so you can both find a better match while everyone is happy. And remember, this isn't anyone's fault, and no one failed, that's why you date, to see if you make a good pair.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As you shouldn't. If he's not all about your personality then it's time to move on and find some one that can appreciate you for you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Might be a red flag. Definitely do not change who you are for anyone. If he keeps commenting about you, talk to him about it. He might not realize it is bothering you. Then you will know if it's a red flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • He meant that as a joke, I think it would make the most sense to just leave it at that. He wants you to feel comfortable voicing your opinion around him. If you see controlling behavior later on, then leave, but he isn't asking you to be someone you aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It just means you aren't right for each other, nothing more. He just likes other personality types, nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless he made it a big thing then is there a chance you're reading into it a bit much? Most people just like a bit of banter

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a bad sign,, maybe he just see something you never noticed before in you

0|0
    0|0
  • That's odd. If he likes feisty than he should find someone that is. I would not change me also

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not bad and by what he said doesn't sound bad at all.

0|0
    1|0
  • Not necessarly. Should it be true or not, it may as well be just a pun because he like you :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like him. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • HE was just being polite

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on what the comments are

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I hear that so I feel you