Is it wrong for a 16 year old to date an 18 year old?

What do you guys think? Is it?
What if he turns 19 before you turn 17, so there will be a 3 year age gap for a couple of months? Age of consent here is 16, so that's not a problem.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. Its all about the maturity of the relationship. Notice i said OF THE RELATIONSHIP. The couple could be 8 year olds in 16 and 19 year old bodies and it is totally okay if it is okay for the relationship. There will be a day when one is 24 and the other is 21 and it will feel like it doesn't matter at all. But if it was a 15 year old with a 19 year old, then hell no.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 18 my boyfriend just turned 20. If it's sexual, the age gap is fine. I'd be worried if it was 15. And I'd worry about age gaps bigger than 5 years anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The age gap is the age gap -- it's not three years the day of his birthday. Anyway it's no big deal. But if he's out of school and you are not, make sure you don't let the relationship take priority over school.

0|0
    0|0
  • My 16 year old is nagging a 19yo don't see an issue.
    My Mrs is 12 years younger then me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know adults who've married 10 years apart.

Compare that to a minuscule 2 year difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fine. Me and my ex were the same but it's above the legal age so it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s weird

1|0
    0|0
  • If they're within 4 years in age it's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its goochi

0|0
    0|0
  • The older you get the less of a problem age is. If your already together or know your both interested go for it just make sure families and others understand what your doing as they'll probably worry about you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes