If a guy seems too good to be true. What's likely to be wrong with him?

I feel like the guy I'm seeing is too good to be true and everyone one else makes that comment about him too. I can't see what hidden agenda he might me hiding. I don't think he has one. What could they be if he did? Apart from the obvious using you for sex. What selfish reasons would a guy invest himself into dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is none apart from either settling which is not selfish or just wants sex from u when I got my girl every said it was too good to be true and a blessing a landed with her I said ty and 1 year later I'm still happy

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your opinion I hadn't even considered that

• Assuming the worst will only bring u sadness

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How exactly is he "too good to be true"? And even if this is the case, to make the assumption that "something must be wrong" is not a good idea. Maybe he's not your typical guy, but that doesn't mean he's hiding anything either or that "something's wrong" and doesn't deserve trust. But it also doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your eyes open either. Just continue on getting to know him. Keep your eyes open and use common sense that's all. If there is "something wrong", you'll find out soon enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he needs some arm candy.

Maybe he needs emotional support.

Maybe hd just needs the bed made and the laundry done.

There's like 1000 non-sex reasons to use someone. The only real test will be time.

1|0
    0|0
  • THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "USING YOU FOR SEX." HOLY SHIT WHY DOES THIS FALSE NARRATIVE KEEP GETTING PUSHED. YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN BODY AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS; IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE, FUCKING DON'T THEN.

ANYway, in answer to your question, your question makes no sense. Either you like the guy or you don't. If you do, why does there have to be some ulterior motive? That sounds very bizarre like you're expecting him to be a sociopath or something. If you go into a romantic relationship expecting the other person to maybe be a sociopath, that's probably a bigger problem with *you* than them.

0|0
    1|0
    • I said I don't think he has an ulterior motive. I asked what they could be if he did have one just as a general question, not necessarily about him. I'm very happy with him

• So... you're very happy with him. Then why are you even asking this. It still makes no sense.

• Well if that's true at least enjoy it for now. Guys don't usually have many other reasons for using someone, were simpler like that haha. But chances are he's just really nice and likes you

1|0
    0|0
  • This is one of the things that drives guys crazy about girls. Here is a guy who is obviously a good, stand up kind of guy. Should be a good thing right? Nope. There must be a hidden agenda.

0|0
    0|0
  • Free sex is the most common reason. However if he spends money on you, you shoud start worrying =D

0|0
    0|0
    • If he's spending money on me why should I be worrying?

• Show All
    • Serious plans?

• Yeah like marry you. Unless he's a moneybag and the money he's spending is nothing

• Some of us are just awesome, meaning people always assume we're up to no good. It's kind of cool actually, at least we can play the part if necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously, his weakness for choosing paranoid, psycho girlfriends.

0|0
    1|0
  • If he really had an ulterior motive to date you (or anyone else), I'd say it could be much more sinister than any of us realize. You should tread carefully with this guy if you plan to stay with him. Watch his every move or statement. Sure, it's possible that he doesn't (have an ulterior motive). But usually when you're dealing with a "too good to be true" situation, it likely is and you need to brace for whatever bad is coming out of it. You may not find out until later (too late). I'm not saying you should break up with him. Just be VERY, VERY careful with him. And the second you find out the bad (especially if it's VERY, VERY bad), then RUN.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex is the big one

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are feeding him sex, then he's not so perfect & innocent = your answer
    and a very cozy place to nest for awhile since this seems to be a good match
    only time will tell if this is long term

0|0
    0|0
  • I am that type of guy who everyone thinks is too good to be true. I am actually too good for own self. Everyone thinks I am hiding something but I am not. I am just too kind. Maybe the guy you are seeing is like that too or maybe he just wants sex?

1|0
    0|0
    • Ignore that question mark

• He could be a nice, thoughtful guy. Reasons why he is this way could be. He thinks you are great and wants to treat you nice. Does not want to ruin the relationship so he is trying to keep everything nice. Worst case scenarios are. He is trying to get something out of you such as money, sex, or etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys are like that. Too good to be true but yet true. I don't see selfish any reason over here apart from having sex.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes