Does he actually like me and how do I approach him?

So there’s this guy that I met 3 months ago and we hooked up. I then went away to another country for 2 months but he insisted on staying in touch and we actually did, we text regularly and he is always very engaged in our convo and flirts.
It’s now been one month since I’m back in the same town as him, but every time I tried to meet up he was busy - travelling, studying, then the last time I offered him to meet he said he didn’t want to do anything cause something happened in his family (he did tell me what it is and it’s really serious). He also told me he liked me a lot. He is always very active through text but he doesn’t talk about meeting.
I now try to give him space while things are happening in his family, but I really would want to meet him sooner the better because he is going back to his home country in two months.. How do I approach him with that?

01