Any tips for moving in with an s/o?

Been together a year now and we are moving in together. I've never lived with an s/o before.

510

Most Helpful Girl

• My SO moved in with me last July and it has its ups and downs. I was already renting the house, so I had to get his name added on the lease an occuptant - I didn't want it as a responsbile person just in case it didn't work out. Since I have a son and we take of up two-thirds of the house, I pay 2/3s of everything. The SO pays his portion and usually hands more of the groceries since I do have more expenses than he does. It's a matter of communcation and compromise. If something bothers either of you, talk about it quickly as possible and don't let it build up to where it ends up in a fight. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you two should set aside some short and long term goals as well as responsibilities of who is doing what around the place. For example, how is the rent or payments going to be split? Cleaning around the house? Grocery shopping? Etc.

• He has great points - these are very important to discuss upfront.