Any tips for moving in with an s/o?

Been together a year now and we are moving in together. I've never lived with an s/o before.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My SO moved in with me last July and it has its ups and downs. I was already renting the house, so I had to get his name added on the lease an occuptant - I didn't want it as a responsbile person just in case it didn't work out. Since I have a son and we take of up two-thirds of the house, I pay 2/3s of everything. The SO pays his portion and usually hands more of the groceries since I do have more expenses than he does. It's a matter of communcation and compromise. If something bothers either of you, talk about it quickly as possible and don't let it build up to where it ends up in a fight. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you two should set aside some short and long term goals as well as responsibilities of who is doing what around the place. For example, how is the rent or payments going to be split? Cleaning around the house? Grocery shopping? Etc.

2|0
    0|0
    • He has great points - these are very important to discuss upfront.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Things will be a lot different and you'll have to figure out whose going to do what around the house. You'll probably see a side of him you haven't seen before. Make sure you still do things apart and can talk problems over if you need to. Some people don't like being together 24/7.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to have space to be for yourself in the place you live together. It is vital to be able to be in separate rooms for some time. If everything is just one space and you can't be separated or distance yourself a little from each other now and then, you set yourself up for failure.

0|0
    0|0
  • - be patient
    - learn to compromise
    - understand that there are likely to be hiccups and road blocks as you learn how to co-habitate with each other.
    - pick your battles

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ok to need alone time, but make sure to also make time to do nice and special things together. I moved in with my SO and thingd fell apart when we both got lazy and didn't mske the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get ready for it to get a bit boring. The passion kind of goes away. I recently moved in with my girl and that's kind of how I feel about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's sad 😞 is there anything you think that could change that while still living together?

• Do not spend 24/7 together. Generally one person will love it and the other will find it crazy annoying. Keep your own lives alive!

0|0
    0|0
  • I might live with him if I decide to go to school there.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will see a different side of them. Don't try to change too much as far as how stuff is set up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno. Just be like "bam and I'm here"

0|0
    0|0
  • Pack up weeks prior

0|0
    0|0
  • Discuss boundaries, pet peeves, habits, and expectations prior to moving in together. Odds are you don’t know each other as well as you thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh boy. Probably the biggest mistake couples make, yet they still keep on doing it.

0|1
    1|0
    • I didn't dislike this. What is the reason you think its a big mistake?

• @Strawberrie The only relationships that will ever work are the ones where both couples raise each others vibration, truly know each other far beyond the mind and ego, connect on a level beyond the physical plane of existence, and understand the difference between true love and ''egoic love''. The problem is that when couples connect on the physical plane, they never truly know each other, what they think they know consists of projections, mind based behaviour, fantasy, first impressions, a little acting, infatuation, and a little codependency. Since they spend some time apart, there is time for the illusion to continue.

However, when they start to live together than all of these projections are challenged and the image starts to crumble. People call it the honeymoon phase, but it's just the shattering of illusion.

Only a higher state of consciousness, living in the now, connecting with each other at the deepest levels possible and knowing each other can make this work.

• I’m the exact same... I’ve never lived with an s/o before but he’s lived with his previous s/o before.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes