How would you feel if you were the rebound?

How would you feel if you found out your new boyfriend just recently broke up with his ex, and you are the rebound?

How would you feel if you were the rebound?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been a rebound rebound before and it sucked. I really liked this girl andc thought we really had a connection and once i found out she still had feelings for her and was just using me i was a bit heart broken and angry that she would not care about my feelings at all. If anyone plans on going for a rebound they should be honest and upfront about it from the get go.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not always the case. Usually, but not always. Sometimes, when two people break up, the one leaving has already long since emotionally left the relationship, and is actually ready for a new relationship.

And sometimes, rebounds are serious. A friend of mine is engaged to his rebound. She's the complete opposite of his ex, whom was his first girlfriend, ever, and he's actually truly happy, and more stable than he's ever been. We're all pretty shocked though! LOL

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• This is why being open and honest is so important. As long as everyone knows where everyone stands and what they are looking for, should be ok. End of the day, it really doesn't matter if you are a rebound or not. If you be the best person you can be and treat them the same way you want to treated, maybe it could lead to a match made in heaven!

1|0
    0|0
  • I felt awkward. It's happened to me before. I always questioned why were together, whether it was because she liked me or because there was a void in her life and I happened to fill it.

I don't mind taking over that void but I want it to be for the right reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well.. any-one would obviously feel used.

But only if it is indeed a rebound, maybe he dumped his ex , only to be with you? I don't know.

But enjoy it while you can. Assumptions can protect you, but it can also hurt you.

If it's a fact that you're the rebound.. well, dump him., Or just be friends with benefits. That way you both get what you want., But whithout the commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ask myself since when I became gay and had a boyfriend.
    Ye... I'm sorry for you. I don't want to have sex so early with a girl. I want to get to know her before even thinking about starting a relationship with her. That way I avoid this kind of danger.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I knew I was the rebound, fine. I'd view it as a fun time to make that person feel a little better. If I didn't know I was the rebound I might become disinterested after finding out.

1|1
    1|0
  • Been there done that never lasts. Fun at first oh yea. sometimes a call back from time to time. friends with benefits sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl i really like use me and i found out i was a rebound. So how does it feel like shit. When you actually treat them right and still doesn't matter. Not a good feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was only something physical I wanted, then I wouldn’t mind. If I wanted something else, id be very hurt... but then I would probably understand and move on!

0|0
    0|0
  • I was the rebound a couple of times. They did not last. Didn't feel good in the moment, but I look back on those times now as a valuable experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been the rebound guy for a girl before. It sucks cause once you find out you know it's not going anywhere and it just hurts

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I wouldn’t feel so happy, I mean... My new bf/gf is not really in love with me

1|0
    0|0
  • If I was only looking for sex, and if she didn't give me any ideas on sentimentality I would not care, if she were to tell me that she wants a relationship, that would be different

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how is treating u... if u feel like neglected then indeed it's painful... but may be he is not in mind and need attention and affection..

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't feel shit because I don't put myself in that position and neither should you. You are worth more than that. You deserve someone who's worships you. Lesson learned move on. Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't feel good, would probably bail that relationship. Let him get with his secondary rebound

1|0
    0|0
  • I was there when my ex broke up with the guy she dated before me. It was like 2 days before we started dating. Didn't really think about it

0|0
    0|0
  • It would disgusting becoz he is using the person for time passing once he done with you. He will search another one

0|0
    0|0
  • Like I was about to get scooped up by a giant black guy, and get ducked 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Ouch, been there. There is no future. You can give infinite love but they will just use you and dump you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know im straight but I've been a rebound loads of times to girls that shit sucks ass

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be little annoying n difficult until he person recovers

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were the rebound. I will not think about winning. I will just continue doing where I am happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • So many rebounds these days even a boucy ball is jelous!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why to bother about that, if the relationship going well?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll take it while I can get it

1|1
    0|0
  • At least you get laid

1|1
    0|0
  • Meh, at least I got my dick wet :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I will feel shit. Being used and all.

1|1
    0|0
  • Who isn't a rebound these days?

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd be like brooo

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Extremely annoyed, and I would feel like he was just using me to get over her and that he was still in love with her. He should just leave already and go back to her if I am just a "rebound". I mean, my husband kind of had that mentality because even though it was 6 years after his break up, it was his only relationship and he was still in love with her and couldn't stop talking about her nonstop.

1|0
    0|0
    • What did u do or how did he get over her or how long?

• Show All
    • It's because the similar thing is happening to me well not me and specific I like this. I guy and I met him a few months backwe are following each other on social media we haven't really introduced ourselves he knows my cousin and her cousin and we are following each other on social media we haven't really introduced ourselves he knows my cousin and her cousin and her boyfriend has his best friend we met back in January but we didn't introduce ourselves we didn't really talk much but I feel like he was always trying to be around me he would always hug me hello and goodbye the time he was talking about his ex-girlfriend he said how he wanted to focus on his career. So I thought well he needs time and maybe next time I see him we can talk introduce ourselves what happened was when I saw him again he kept avoiding me every time he didn't even tell me hello when he walked by he told me hows it going in a quiet voice. Then I was around and he have Dona bring me down he brought a girl

• He want to go over to my cousins party he would just look at me and look down or he would look kind of sad but he would turn out look at her and smile at her and then at the end of the day I was sitting next to my cousin and he gave her a hug and this time he gave me a handshake instead of a hug not only that At this time he gave me the handshake and he said oh that was a bad handshake and he gave me another one why do you think he gave me another handshake he still follow me on social media he still looking out what I'm posting I haven't posted in a while since that happened i posted once he was the first want to see it this soon as I posted it. And their cousin says he still talking about the ex-girlfriend because I ex-girlfriend is my cousin's best friend he says that he still asking about her are talking about her boyfriend and he hasn't posted anything with this new girl that he brought to the party so I'm confused

• A guy i was talking to for years broke up with his girlfriend (who was also his bestfriend) and we hooked up. It was a huge mistake nonetheless. I loved him and it was one sided because he still loved his ex and ended up texting me that they'd gotten back together once he went back to finish off the last semester at teir university.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am always the rebound, I have gotten used to it but the first few times it happened I felt like I didn't really matter to them and they just wanted to make their ex jealous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of guys in my college always used and never dating in college again I have learn from my lesson & my mistake. would just leave him he going to used me..

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically I was always the rebound but mine lasted longer than the original relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will move on away until i feel that he loves me coz im not an aspirin to forget his ex girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • I will be questioning maself
    Perhaps its his character

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuss his ass out and leave. Seriously. I’m no rebound and if that’s how you view me then get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Heartbroken

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay. I have nothing to do with the Ex

2|0
    1|0
  • Used kinda

2|0
    0|0
  • That's sucks being used and taken for granted

1|0
    0|0
  • I would ask him

1|0
    0|0
  • Not too great

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd feel bad prob

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I kinda was

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he should be honest since the beginning. And also what are signs that you are a rebound cause I'm also confused

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes