Is it ok if my girlfriend prays/chants for about 2 hours a day?

My girlfriend is a Buddhist and I’m Christian orthodox. I respect her religious views. I took time off of work to attend Buddhist mass in temples and love asking her questions about her beliefs. She however, hasn’t made an attempt to come with me to church. I wanted her to come with me on two occasions but she refused. In addition, she prays every early morning for 1-2 hours. She started several months ago after finding out her elderly father does that same thing. I find this to be very unusual and it’s cutting into our time together. It’s very clear that her praying, yoga exercises (spirituality) are of a higher priority than I am. She will readily refuse to come out to breakfast if it coincides with her chanting or yoga. Once in a blue moon when she does make time for me, she’s always in a bad mood. I’m very not happy with our relationship. I would appreciate any advice on what to do. I feel like breakup is the best option. Please help, thanks.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look for another girlfriend, because if the religion stuff is to much for you, then it'll never end up fine, this mixed religion relationships can't be sucessfull if one part is too critic with the other or feels that treatment is not equal towadrs both religions, you should take her chants less seriously and stop engaging in her buddist cults and visits to budist temples, try to meassure her tolerance towards you beliefs, star listening to christian music loud, not when she is chanting obviously, but see how she reacts

0|0
    0|0
  • If YOU can live with that.
    I'm not sure I could stand it. :|

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over it.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes