Should I still try to pursue going on a date with him?

I (22f) met this wonderful guy (25m) on Tinder. He had recently moved to my city and just got out of a 5 year relationship with his girlfriend in his hometown. We hit it off so well on our first date, that he drove the 30 miles down to see me again the follow day. He frequently called me beautiful. However, when we were making he found out two things: 1. I'm leaving to study abroad this summer 2. I'm a virgin. So he said that he can't give me what I need, because he doesn't think I should lose my virginity with a random guy. He said it was however my choice. He said that I am a gorgeous and worthwhile girl, and he wishes me all of the best.

The way he said it, it made me feel as though he cared and that he would have given us a chance if I wasn't leaving in a month. We will never see each other again after summer because after this summer, he will move back to his country. This happened 3 weeks ago. Now, it is 1 week before I will leave. I posted a picture on my instagram story, two days ago and he replied with heart eyes 😍😍. I know its pointless since we won't have the chance to date, but I really would like to see him and go out with him again at least once. Based on his messages, do you think I should message him and ask if he'd want to meet up again? Or is that desperate?

09

Most Helpful Guy

• Focus on your studies. There are more guys out there. Maintaining a long distance connection with him is difficult and detrimental to your success as a Student. You need to determine what your priorities are and firmly stick with them.

• I do plan to move to Europe at some point though. I don't want a long distance relationship. I want to just experience and spend time with him while he is here. If we meet again in the future, we meet again. If we don't, its fine too.