How do you feel about your gender's role in the dating game?

For women, the gender role involves working on your physical appearance to attract someone to ask you out, being asked out (rather than approaching), working harder on your physical appearance for the date, & letting the guy pay for food.

For men, the gender role involves asking out someone you're interested in, and paying for the date.
  • i'm happy with my gender's role
    Vote A
  • i'm indifferent
    Vote B
  • i'm unhappy with my gender's role and wish it was different
    Vote C
  • i'm unhappy with my gender's role and wish the gender's roles were reversed
    Vote D
  • i'm unhappy with my gender's role and wish that both gender's roles were the same
    Vote E
  • other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes me want to stay single forever because I feel like I'm only appreciated for what I can provide.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well what do you appreciate women for? What are the vital aspects of a relationship that you wouldn't do without?

• Show All
    • I'm not saying that isn't the case but from what I've observed around me, it would be very hard to find a woman like that. It doesn't help that I live in a small ass town either lol.

• Thank you for MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’d prefer men not be slobby slobs & work harder to be sexy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Once women stop being fat :)

• That’s already a social expectation tho, I mean. I’m talking like get rid of the Seth Rohan + hot chick pressure.

• I agree.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think the gender roles as you defined them are good ideals, but I find them difficult to live up to. The problem is that guys expressing honest romantic interest are often seen as creepy, so I'm extremely careful about asking someone out, and I've missed a few chances because of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men gotta be physically attractive too you know? Gotta hit the gym, get stylish clothes, have good grooming habits, etc.

Basically, women don't have a unique role, they just wait for men to come to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just dislike the whole dating games as a whole, it's just not effective.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate my gender role in dating. I totally f.. king hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose other, because the real answer is "sometimes good, sometimes bad."

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s false I get plenty of girls who ask me out and I take care of my appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • The roles suck for both sides

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm happy with it

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s really really really difficult for men

0|0
    0|0
  • I HATE MY ROLE!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m fine with it. It has its ups and downs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone lives by the rules that you defined

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm indifferent. Women have the easier role

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes