How do you know good people on the internet?

I chatted with a man and i found that he was a liar he lied at me that he was married and had a kid i blocked him but i feel bad and i can't trust anyone on internet now

212

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately you already figured it out.

TIME

Over time typically people that lie make mistakes which can be hard to spot if you aren't really tracking. Pictures are also a good indicator as most scammers don't have that many of themselves and video chat can also expose people very quickly.

Scammers ultimately only want your money/gift cards/etc... and they'll do anything/say anything to get it. If you start talking about long periods of time they'll expose themselves pretty quickly by demanding a prepaid phone card so they can keep things going all while telling you they love you. Also most are foreign and English isn't their first language which is a dead give away.

The bad part is in most scenarios you feel robbed of your time but that's the price of doing business in the free social realm of the internet.

Most honest people I meet are engaged in the conversation. Can speak English well. Have likes and dislikes and not agenda's.

Good luck with your quest you're always welcome to hit me up if you'd like to talk more.

Most Helpful Girl