Do men find a single mother to be intimidating, when your not in a position to take care of her and the kids?

Say you don't have much and she basically has her stuff together. What would you do? How would you feel?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel that it's intimidation, but more of guys don't really want to deal with kids unless they feel ready. Personally I don't feel like I'm ready to be a father also I kind of don't want to deal with kids currently. Most young guys are the same way. Maybe if I found the right girl I would be with her and support her and her kid, but I have not found anyone yet.

1|0
    0|0
    • How old are you?

• Show All
    • Why what would you say if I was around the age of 26-28?

• Still young

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I just wouldn't be interested in taking care of another man's kid, intimidation would have nothing to do with it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh okay. Stuff happens.

• I live with one of my FWB's. I refer to her often as my girlfriend. She has 2 kids she trying to get custody.. She was falsely charged with a criminal offence. Me being there helps, but if she gets her kids, which is the most important thing in the world to her, I'll be happy for her but I'll be gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, such women often just obsess over their kids and neglect their own health. Mental stability especially. Nobody is intimidated, just wary

0|0
    2|0
  • I would never date a single mom but it's not intimating it's only that I hate kids

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you ask

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Kinda.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being that I want kids, but biological kids (I plan on adopting), the fact she has kids doesn't bother me. What would concern me is the question "Is she looking for love and commitment or is she looking for someone to help". I would be afraid of being used. If she seems to be doing a good job at being a single mother... Independent and determined... Then I would enter with an open mind.

Unfortunately, not many guys want non-biological kids... So my opinion probably isn't representative of the typical guy... I think it would intimidate many, but I think the strength and how well she is as a single mother would generate better results with men.

1|0
    0|0
    • I totally agree. Well said.

• Show All
    • Oh okay, sounds like you have a pretty solid plan. Good luck.

• My whole point of my question was to see how guys feel about single moms. I really like this guy and he's been acting weird so there's a lot going through my mind why he became uninterested. I know I invested a lot into our friendship such as feelings and time but I need to move on.

Recommended myTakes