Does race matter?

When you are picking a date interest does race matter to you? For some people they like to stay in their particular race, as some black people like to date other black people, white with white, Mexican's with Mexicans and so on. Why is that? And would it be considered racist if you didn't want to date a person just because of their race and ethnicity?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• ethnicity... and no but most people are attracted to an ethnicity not because of any prejudice but because that is mostly what they see. For me I mostly see white women so generally I am attracted to white women as that is the highest percentage of people I see.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Race doesn't matter to me, Im gon like whoever the fuck im gon like whther he's Mexican like me, black, white, hawaiian, Asian, middle-Eastern, etc. <3 my parents are lowkey racist tho

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've found certain men of every race attractive but I've also noticed patterns in which I'm more attracted to certain races over others. Not because I'm purposely cancelling out any race in my mind just predominantly end up being caucasion, somoan/pacific islander, or bi racial men.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some people grew up around one or two races so they are more familiar with these races which determines their attraction towards them. For me any guys from every race can be attractive so yes it doesn't matter. If I am attracted to him and we share similar belief, I'd date him. However, I know people who won't date a person from "X" race solely because his/her race. What I mean here is they find her/him to be attractive but something is holding them from dating this person which is her/his race. Usually they will use the standard excuse "I just don't find ANY of them attractive" My question is, have you travelled around the world that you know how all of them look like. I've issue with these people. I mean call a spade a spade you know. Of course they have the right to choose whichever races that they refuse to date, but no need to hide the reason behind it just because you feel guilty.
    I also disagree with anyone who picks one particular individual from the race that he/she claimed to be unattractive, till they met this person and make her the exception because he finds her attractive. For example "I think your race is ugly but I'll make you the exception because you don't look like the majority of your people"

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you live in environment like i do, i see only white girls. It doesn't mean im racist, i have no choise. And if you think about this question you are sort of racist deeply. If you like a person, you will not pay attention to his skin you will be attracted to his/her personality or behavior towards you. I would date black girl or Asian girl that does not trigger me at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, the only thing that matters is if you find them attractive. No, it wouldn't be classed as racist just because a white girl doesn't wanna date a black guy (vise versa - just an example) it's just not her preference

1|0
    0|0
  • I will only date Caucasian women due to my beliefs. For it to be considered racist or not depends on the persons reasoning behind it.

0|1
    0|0
    • What are your beliefs?

• Show All
    • It'd be under Ethnic nationalism. My beliefs comes from generally personal viewpoint of since I was a little kid I found interracial couples as wrong. Somehow was built into my mind. When I got actually more into it ideology was when I started to listen to someone who spoke about it. My father's side is against it as well, but I've only learned of that recently so they didn't know have any influence on my beliefs in regard of when it comes to this. Now for your final question which is if I were to like someone of a different race which has happened before. I'll just do what I usually do. I place my own morals and ideology above my desires to do something so I don't act on them.

• Ah okay. Alright. That makes sense and was very interesting. :)

• Everyone has preferences. For me, it's more about culture, values, religion, and political views (for the personality part). In terms of physical appearance, it's more about nice facial features than race itself because I've seen beautiful people of all races.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if you are more attracted to looks or personality. With looks, people do have preferences and there a nothing wrong with that. You're only racist if you're hating on someone because of their race, has nothing to do with attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it matters. No woman in this world can better identify with me and the way I feel and live than my European white woman. Race treachery is the worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • They think they will match their personalities and traditions better.
    No it doesn't matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It just depends on personal preference. The only girls I don't like are Indian and full black girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care much about race when it comes to dating, but for others who do I think it depends on why they do for it to be racist or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally depends on personal preference.

1|0
    0|0
  • No , personality is more important.

1|0
    0|0
  • To me, race is wholly immaterial

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you win

0|0
    0|0
  • No and no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that race alone really matters, but you've gotta remember that people of different races have slightly different facial structures, so if you're attracted to certain features it's unlikely you'll like multiple racial groups.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does. Everyone hates black men and love white guys. And they say white privilege doesn't exist

0|0
    0|1
    • Why do you feel that way? :(

• Show All
    • I'm kinda in a bad place. I'm 1\2 African American, Haitian, Dominican and a little Egyptian but I'm the only one in my family with dark skin and everyone else has fair skin, and I felt different my whole life. People speak Spanish to my sisters cus I guess they think their Spanish. My sisters don't look like any of these black girls we see everyday. So why should I date one? I don't look like black dudes we see everyday. I have different facial, and hair features

• There are a lot of stereotypes out there but most you can see that they aren't true. I think that makes you unique. There is bound to be someone who is gonna like you. You just gotta show them your worth liking. :)

• I only date other white women. They're just my thing.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes