Why did he tell me I'm going to do "whatever with whoever"?

My boyfriend and I have been arguing this week, and he keep telling me he loves me (I haven't said it back yet--we're still pretty new). Anyway he said I'm being so frustrating by not telling him how I feel or giving him a glimmer of hope, and he guesses he'll just have to accept whatever happens, and that I'm going to do "whatever with whoever." That part pissed me off as I felt it implied I'm sleeping around or something (when we don't even have sex). Why would he say that, even in the heat of an argument?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• As you said, people say all sorts of things in the heat of the moment, but given the background of your story, I can see why he might say that. I think that it's not so much that he's implying that you're sleeping around, but he's describing how he feels you're treating him. You're having this relationship with him, but you won't give him the commitment and affirmation that he feels he deserves given the state of your relationship. This is the doing "whatever with whoever" that he's talking about.

Anyway, the guy is clearly hugely insecure and while I don't think you should cave and tell him something that you don't really mean, maybe you can find a way to assure him that you like him and care for him? Although to be honest, there just may be nothing you can do about this guy. Maybe it's a little old school male of me, but I feel that men should keep insecurities like this to themselves rather than dumping them on their partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he said he will fuck who ever he wants