Do you think a man should compete for a person they desire to be romantically with as males compete against other males for females in the wild?

Do you think a man should compete for a person they desire to be romantically with as males compete against other males for females in the wild?This question is inspired because I'm watching a documentary on Netflix on male animals fighting each other over who gets to mate and keep the female counterpart.

Anyways, I'm a firm believer if a woman isn't showing interest in you after you have made it clear you're interested in her, then forget and find one that will show interest in you.

What is your philosophy on the matter?

Do you continue to pursue and compete against other males as wild animals do to prove yourself as the main man she should go for etc?

Ladies, you give your thoughts as well.

410

Most Helpful Guy

• "In the wild." What is "in the wild" for humans? Humans have always existed in human groups, thus, our societies ARE "the wild". Every mammalian species has rules of conduct. It would be stupid for wolves to try to act like moose. It would be stupid for humans to try to act like a species other than human. Men DO compete for women, but we are smart enough (usually) to not fight directly. The problem with fighting over anything is that if you can still lose even if you win.

Physical fight: You beat the other guy and still die of your wounds.
    Economic fight: The cost of burying the other guy sends you into bankruptcy.
    Any other fight: The costs incurred in "victory" outweigh the gain.

Likewise, while you are "fighting" for a woman, NOTHING compels that woman just just get bored and ditch both your sorry asses, taking off with the almost-cute little nobody in the corner who was spending attention ON HER rather than on the fight. (That happens a lot, by the way.)

The way that (non-stupid) men "fight" for a woman is called "scramble competition" in biology. We try to present the best possibly display of apparent resources for her. Both substance and presentation matter. However, like in MOST mammalian species, female choice actually determines the "winner".

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, i don’t want to fight for someone, because if he really love, he just have to return my feelings back.