Do you think a man should compete for a person they desire to be romantically with as males compete against other males for females in the wild?

Do you think a man should compete for a person they desire to be romantically with as males compete against other males for females in the wild?This question is inspired because I'm watching a documentary on Netflix on male animals fighting each other over who gets to mate and keep the female counterpart.

Anyways, I'm a firm believer if a woman isn't showing interest in you after you have made it clear you're interested in her, then forget and find one that will show interest in you.

What is your philosophy on the matter?

Do you continue to pursue and compete against other males as wild animals do to prove yourself as the main man she should go for etc?

Ladies, you give your thoughts as well.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• "In the wild." What is "in the wild" for humans? Humans have always existed in human groups, thus, our societies ARE "the wild". Every mammalian species has rules of conduct. It would be stupid for wolves to try to act like moose. It would be stupid for humans to try to act like a species other than human. Men DO compete for women, but we are smart enough (usually) to not fight directly. The problem with fighting over anything is that if you can still lose even if you win.

Physical fight: You beat the other guy and still die of your wounds.
    Economic fight: The cost of burying the other guy sends you into bankruptcy.
    Any other fight: The costs incurred in "victory" outweigh the gain.

Likewise, while you are "fighting" for a woman, NOTHING compels that woman just just get bored and ditch both your sorry asses, taking off with the almost-cute little nobody in the corner who was spending attention ON HER rather than on the fight. (That happens a lot, by the way.)

The way that (non-stupid) men "fight" for a woman is called "scramble competition" in biology. We try to present the best possibly display of apparent resources for her. Both substance and presentation matter. However, like in MOST mammalian species, female choice actually determines the "winner".

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, i don’t want to fight for someone, because if he really love, he just have to return my feelings back.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah I don't like that kind of stuff makes me angry makes me want to beat the crap out of somebody that's trying to get the girl that I want. And then after all that the girl gets a big head and starts becoming a shot caller. That's not good for me to compete in that kind of a situation if the girl likes me I expect some kind of a signal from her. I don't like chasing women.

0|1
    0|0
    • Already done that I busted my ass hard for her no more not again

• I think everyone should fight for the one they love. Too many potential homewreckers out here now a day and you truly have to defend your relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! Either she is interested in me like a big girl or she wants to play games with me like a little girl.

I don't have time for that primitive nonsense.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I’m interested in a girl I’ll try my best to show her why I’m the right guy for her.
    I have no interest in competing with another guy, just choose woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a little biased because I’m anti relationship and anti marriage, but I’ll never do that for a female. I’ll fight hard for what I believe in or to achieve a goa, but never for a female.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys throw cock blocks. It's all so much more subtle in modern times but the idea is the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls aren't worth direct competition for but sometimes it happens

0|1
    1|0
  • In human beings no fighting is necessary because women can pick

0|0
    0|0
  • They do; just not (usually) through direct physical confrontation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls appreciate nothing nowadays. ☺️💕

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We are not like animals in the wild.

0|0
    0|0
  • Back then it was the strongest and smartest that got first right dibs. Now that we have over 6 billion people, I don't see why we should compete.

I stole my current wife from another man a long time ago.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes