Intimidated by intelligent or independent girls?

Guys, do you feel intimidated by independent or intelligent girls? I have the feeling that is appreciated by the male, the typical shy girl who depends a little on the man. Something completely contrary to what I am. I consider myself to be an independent and intelligent girl, who know how to have debates on various subjects and I defend my opinion by accepting that people do not always agree with me. However, when I talk to guys, I feel like they end up being intimidated.

I would like to know your opinion. Do you ever feel intimidated by a women?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've felt intimidated by women, but never because they were smart or independent. I love argument/debate and respect and value independence highly, both in myself, my friends, and any partners I will have in the future. If anything I'd want a girl who can hold her own against me and offer deep intelligent discussion, I don't even care if I lose the debate. The few times I feel intimidated by women have been because they seemed too perfect all around. These women made me feel lesser because I know my own imperfections, like that I am typically quite lazy haha.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• It’s not even about being intimidating. Too often the girls version of being “independent and intelligent” is just a dickish personality type. It’s not like you needy to be needy but the whole point is mutual interest. If you’re going to emphasize how much you don’t need other people then why would it be any surprise that people aren’t into you? You have to reciprocate or better yet initiate with affection not with fiery opinions.

1|2
    0|0
  • If a woman is Intelligent and independent that's awesome, and it's good to have differing opinions on things and have meaningful debates. It's a massive turn off though if they would go out if their way to prove or emphasis just how intelligent and independent they are as it could be interpreted as them just trying to prove that they're better than you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well i in fact did get intimidated by many women, but not because they were intelligent or independent, but because they were too pretty for what i tought i could manage to be honest, beaty intimidate me way more than intteligence, just being honest.

1|0
    0|0
    • I feel that. Knowing your punching above your weight is hard, even if on an intellectual level it's all good. But knowledge is power, and someone may come for looks but stay for mind

• @just_a_guy101 I agree with this very much.

• I am only ever intimidated by deranged women who blocked someone over usage of emoticons 😂😂😂
    Intelligent and independent girls are fine, well, to be honest most girls I've met think of themselves as intelligent and independent.

1|1
    0|0
  • not really. however often times with those intelligent and independend girls they have lots of things going on in their life and i don't see myself fitting in there as in "there is not even time for a partner in her schedule". so that's what would scare me off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say I was the opposite. Passion, drive and aspiration are what I want in a girl. I like a real, serious conversation and everyone needs alone time. The only thing to be careful of is making sure that your partner is wanted and needed despite the fact you are good on your own

1|0
    0|0
  • When a woman says "intelligent or independent woman" I have come to learn this means usually a bitch who knows everything, has a closed mind and claims you are controlling her if any compromise is requested. My mother was intelligent and independent, this is not what "today's woman" represents.

0|2
    0|0
    • This was what I was going to say though I was going to say antagonistic and arrogant.

Being intelligent and independant to me is one of those things that if you have it you don't say it and if you say it you don't have it.

Also you can be shy and sweet but still be intelligent and independent. Introverts generally are.

• For people who are truly independant and intelligent those traits do not need to be said for others to be noticed. If you find yourself saying how smart and independent you are you're probably more likely to just be conceited.

• Me personally? No. Not from the types of things you're describing. There's only one reason and one reason only that makes me intimidated by a girl, and that's if she's really, really pretty. That's about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • BS. What kind of girl a guy wants is totally subjective and totally depends on 'that' guy. I myself actually want a strong, independent, confident mature and intelligent girl. I want to lose in debates. I want her to make me see more. But yeah, debates should be logical, and she should really be intelligent. Not just someone who thinks they're intelligent but actually not. And everyone at the end of the day just wants some love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligent and independent is a huge turn on for me but for some guys they might be intimidated cause they dont know how to handle one or you are kinda strong for them

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's actually quite the opposite, I can't date someone who isn't driven and capable. I want to push my partner to be better and i want them to do the same for me

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to date a girl who is very independant. If they are so busy with everything else but you what is the point of perusing that type of person.

If they leave nothing for a relationship then there's no reason to date them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also this is a typical thing that certain types of women say. Then they end up shocked when peoe don't want to date them when they're rude and conceited. It's likely if you are always saying that you're so great and everyone else is crazy for not liking you then you're the problem.

If you're attractive then people will naturally gravitate towards you.

• I respect girls like you. I respect Mother Teresa. I won't Date you, nor would I date her. I like what I like, and I like women with matching mentality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that's my thing. I live intelligent strong women. But from speaking to them. Yes it is a problem as they get board if not being mentally stimulated. And guys are afraid to ask them out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feal anoyed by girls who just want to debate all the time because they feel insecure about being wrong.. I only get intimidated by girls who dress sexy sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • The typical coupling is based on dependency. It could simply be that they are in a loss of what to do with independent women

1|0
    0|0
  • An independent and/or intelligent girl is much more attractive for me than a dumb one. I don't want to argue about everything and need her to understand that I need some "brain turned off" hours with her. Because I can't have that with me alone :(, allways thinking about something. E. g.: "How to use quantumphysics in medicine", "How to solve physical problems"...

But if I can have that time, I'll be more than happy to have an intelligent girlfriend :)

The only reason why I could get intimidated by a woman is when she is a bodybuilder and gets mad at me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think independent, intelligent women are amazing. Quite the opposite to being intimidated by them, they bring out the best in me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love intelligent, independent women - I get on with them far better than the vacuous, giggle boxes

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd wish I'd ever be intimidated by a woman's intelligence because maybe then I would be more interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like both. I can appreciate the shy dependant type, and also the independent type.

1|0
    0|0
  • No and no.
    I used to, but not anymore. I respect them instead.

1|0
    0|0
  • Attracted * "shy innocent girls " are a deal breaker to me really

1|0
    0|0
  • No they're my favorite.

1|0
    0|0
  • More like searching for those type of girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not intimidated, I’m attracted to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No..

1|0
    0|0
  • I shit myself

1|0
    0|0
  • No i actually like that a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't, I like when girls are intelligent