Is it necessary to have your lover meet your parents?

I grew up in a very racist household and I don’t want someone that I could be spending the rest of my life with being disrespected by my own family. I’m Puerto Rican and Dominican but my family wants me to date a Caucasian man. I have no problem with dating a Caucasian man I just don’t want that to be my only choice. What should I do?

812

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if your mom doesn't embarrass you a lot like mine and you think about being with this person for a long time yes I think you he should meet your parents the racism part I mean the only problem with that is if he is black

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're one who believes in receiving your parents blessing, having them involved in your wedding if things become serious with you and your man, then yes, it is of importance.