Should a guy come see you for a first date or should you go see him?

So I met a guy on a dating app and we’ve been talking for about 2 weeks now; we’ve spoken on the phone where he asked me on a date but he wanted me to come see him. (He lives about 1hr40mins away if I get the train). I said that I didn’t think it was very chivalrous for a guy to ask a girl to come see him but he said women want equality so we can’t pick and choose what we want (he said this in a joking manner) . We then made a bet that if my favourite football team was to lose their game I would have to go and if the opposition lose he would have to come see me. Is he having it too easy? Do you think it is okay for a woman to go see a man for their first date?

Thanks!

03