Should a guy come see you for a first date or should you go see him?

So I met a guy on a dating app and we’ve been talking for about 2 weeks now; we’ve spoken on the phone where he asked me on a date but he wanted me to come see him. (He lives about 1hr40mins away if I get the train). I said that I didn’t think it was very chivalrous for a guy to ask a girl to come see him but he said women want equality so we can’t pick and choose what we want (he said this in a joking manner) . We then made a bet that if my favourite football team was to lose their game I would have to go and if the opposition lose he would have to come see me. Is he having it too easy? Do you think it is okay for a woman to go see a man for their first date?

Thanks!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, I think it's common courtesy for the guy to go where it is better for the girl. And definitely not demand for her to go see him. And an hour and 40 minutes trip sounds pretty exhausting. Definitely not cool, if you ask me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it should a responsibility of either to travel. You should want to do it and arrange who goes where

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's that long of a trip. He should show the ininative to come to you. Then if the trip is two long for you to go to him and him to go to you then just meet in the middle. He should make the first move to see you though.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes