Why do people say they don’t care about looks but they won’t date an ugly or overweight person?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Because most people think black and white.
    I don't care so much about looks (even if I would be honest if the person I were going out with might not be the hottest I know), but there's a limit, particularly about obese people, because it can be worked on (unlike beauty) and is not much compatible with my lifestyle. If they don't take action to fight obesity it means that they are fine like that, which is not fine for me.
    On the other hand I went out with overweight girls and it is not so much of a problem usually, particularly if she is an overweight one. As for the beauty, I actually think that there are VERY few phisically ugly persons (which can't be altered with style/haircut), and in those cases I have to admit that I don't know how would I feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people think it's somehow a bad thing to admit that looks matter. People are afraid of it making them seem shallow. And let's be real, a lot of people react to it very resentfully if they find out you wouldn't consider them a potential partner because of their appearance.