Should I give him a second chance and still hang with him tomorrow?

I have been talking to this guy for a little over a month by text. He goes to a different school so I met him through another friend. We stopped texting and I just forgot about him. But last week a guy that I was talking to for a while rejected me and I was so heartbroken so I started talking to this guy again. I started off the convo like hey are u down to pipe, since i wanted a rebound. I was pretty much joking around and also my friend told me that he was a hoe so I thought he wouldn’t be too surprised. He responded with definitely and we started to make plans to hang. Well this guy who I’ve know been chatting with since then, apparently joking around with my friend today in class that I was “weird” and that he might just cancel the plans tomorrow. I confronted him about this and he said that he’s sorry and won’t joke around again. I don’t know what to do anymore, like HE was coming off as the desperate one, I was just being flirty and stuff since that’s what he seemed like he wanted. I’m supposed to hang with him and I’m not sure if I should, is he worth it?

02