Girls, would you judge a guy negatively if you found out he'd used steroids to change his body?

Growing up, I always hated my body. I was asthmatic and had the type of body that would seem soft even though I was really skinny. I got picked on a lot for being skinny and didn't really have the confidence to play sports. I was almost nonexistent to girls.

When I was about 16 I started lifting with a friend to change my body. We met a guy at the Powerhouse Gym where we worked out who helped us learn how to train. He'd been skinny too growing up, and he told us we'd have to use steroids at some point if we wanted to get anywhere near the bodies we wanted. So at 18 I started using with his help.

Today I'm a totally different person, mentally and physically. I went from 6'0" and 145 lbs to 205 and lean. I have achieved almost my dream body and my self-confidence is through the roof. Girls like me all the time now, and that alone has made the change worthwhile. But I NEVER tell girls anything about my use even though some have asked me about it. I'm afraid they'll judge me negatively if they find out.
The adverse health effects only arise if the substances are used improperly, like when people use constantly, which isn't possible long-term.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• to be honest, as a natty lifter i do look down on most roid users but there are a some that i'm cool with. most roid users i've met at my gym turned over to using roids because most of them have a lack of understanding of how to workout and using poor techniques. although they're not completely at fault because usually people give very vague explanations, like even trainers and youtubers usually won't tell you things like "it doesn't matter what exercise you do, always tense up your entire body to prevent energy leaks when performing exercises" and etc. so, people usually will just "monkey see, monkey do" without knowing what is actually happening when the exercises are being performed, such as for example: when doing cables exercise you need to know how to shift your body weight, position your body to prevent the weight from pulling you back while keeping your body activated, how to generate counter force. or when i see people holding weights and just tilting left and right thinking they're working obliques, it's like dude at least turn/twist your body a little bit. like come'on just look at the muscle diagram for gods sake, your external and internal oblique fibers runs diagonally and your transversus abdominis fibers runs horizontally and if people say otherwise then it's no different than saying they're trying to work biceps when doing Shoulder External Rotation

most people just blame genetics or hitting a plateau, when in reality they've just been doing things completely wrong the whole time so they're not getting the results they want and like so many of the same people i've seen at gym doing sit ups for an entire year, but even after so much time they're still not doing sit ups correctly, they never progressed to harder exercises such as ab wheel, leg raises on dip bars, hanging leg raises on pull up bars, and when they try to do it, they're just swinging on the pull up bar with no control like a monkey, why? because people don't actually know that you need to go into a posterior pelvic tilt like position to actually activate their core. when exercises are done the right way the progression you make, and gains are unstoppable.

sorry for the long rant, i didn't realized i typed so much but anyways, the roid users that i look down on are those that rely on it way too much, doesn't bother learning any techniques and how to actually work out the right way.

• I lifted for two years during years when I should have grown quickly, and I only put on about 10 pounds of muscle. And this was serious lifting, lots of deads, squats, push presses, heavy and programmed on a widely used 12-week protocol. That's when my mentor told me that I was going to have to use to get anywhere near where I wanted to be. I did three cycles my first year and shot up from 152 to 170 lbs. Most of those gains turned out to be permanent, too. I had my bloodwork done constantly. Part of the reason I don't want to talk about it with girls is because I don't want to explain why I did it. These girls respect strength and muscle, and they are the same girls who wouldn't have looked twice at me when I was small. So I don't want to get a lecture from them.