How does a person dump someone after 4 years?

I don't get it. My dad had been married for 40 years, then my mom died and he started a relationship with someone new and they were together about 4 years until a couple weeks ago when she dumped him and told him to get his stuff out. Then my dad killed himself a few days later. You would think that she could have just taken a little break instead of telling him he had to get his stuff out. I don't get it. That's a lot of work to do that too, why not give it a little time, at least giving him a little bit of hope. I never realized this hurt him as bad as it did.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• wow, I am so sorry about your dad. I don't think this is all the girlfriends fault, as losing your mom must've had a big impact on him already, so losing another love was just too much. but this is how break ups happen, giving someone false hope does not help, she did not kick him away out of nowhere, things must've been bad for a while. I doubt she thought he would do this. I am sorry to hear this. I hope you cope better.

• That was exactly what he wrote in his note. He didn't want to be alone again. The question is how long did it take him to organize all the things that he organized. He had directions written down for everything just about. I guess it's a question nobody will ever know.

• something like suicide hardly just pops in someones mind and they do it just like that. they usually dwell on it for a long time so perhaps he took longer time to organize it than you think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just don't see the impact they have or can just brush things off that would normally effect other people