Can I expect her to split the bill? Too much?

Okay, the story- there's this girl that went to the same college I did, we only met a couple of months ago through a common friend. We later exchanged numbers and met, had drinks and she confessed she had a crush on me back in college and we made out. We got really close after that (through texting) and decided to meet again (after over a month) and hang around, we exchanged gifts, went on a tour of nyc, had food, spent the night at a hotel (made out again). In all, she was like we can't marry, I'm afraid I'm falling for her (that's a different story though). We're both are pretty sure we're not boyfriend-grirlfriend. In all I spent about 500 bucks that day for tickets, hotel and food, (she once paid for a pictures) and being a student its a bit too much for me. I was wondering if it would be polite to ask her to share the money as I've been waiting for almost a week and she didn't ask about sharing the bill. Or is it rude to expect a girl to pay for what was not an actual date?

713

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude the fuck. Snap the fuck out, ya know, when you go on a trip with girls, make them dependable on you, maybe through the conversation. Then when you ask to split the bill, it's not so awkward. Because you're providing value in a different sense, conversation. In that sense, she needs you to have fun. So if she technically "doesn't pay", she might feel awkward as if she don't pay, she might feel bad that you're doing absolutely everything. Including spending your time, effort, energy and your money? But for this to work, you need to put your heart out, so that splitting the bill comes naturally. I hope you get my point, cuz this is a little hard to get. But once you get the point, life's fun. Like really fun, because it's not all on you. *Tl:dr ; Show her than you're a fun person even without her, that's the point. So that she has to fuckin pay to stay.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's completely open for discussion between the two of you.. Nothing wrong with a girl paying for a movie, dinner, show whatever. Just be honest and talk about it

• Hm, it was not even a date both of us just wanted to meet and hang around. Do you think it's fair that I need to bear the entire expense just because I'm a male?

• Ummm no not all of us are..

• Don't you think this definitely was as are most who replied to this question?