I called him out for being distant. Was it a right thing to do?

After a second date he started to be distant, his texts became neutral, I even had a feeling that I'm bothering him (he was super sweet before). So I sent him a text saying "Hello, I see that your tone changed since Wednesday night and I feel hurt. If you have a reason for that and would like to talk about it, I'm here to listen. However, if you lost interest, let's say goodbye respectfully". His answer was that everything is ok and doesn't understand why I'm upset that he didn't text me for a day. Was it a bad thing to tell him how I feel about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Good that ur an honest person to would like to open up on things. If he's become distant he has his reasons probably. Get it out of him. If not let him go.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said that everything is ok, but he was just busy at work and later spending time with his brother. But my gutfeeling tells me that if you are honestly interested in somebody, you find 3 minutes to tell them that you are missing them

• Show All
    • Now I'm thinking if I was too harsh in my text. But his responses were just literally cold and I felt like I'm bothering him, so I asked him straightforward if he wants to end this..

• In a relationship there is nothing harsh. If u can't tell what u feel whay is the point of the entire relationship?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's always good to talk things out in a relationship and to communicate your feelings. However you have to understand that it's not what you say but how you say it. Reading that sounds like he's in trouble and you're fussing/nagging at him so the fact you said something is ok but how you said it was not the best use of words. You could have instead said "hey what's going on, you've been a little distant since Wednesday and I'm feeling a little hurt right now, are you upset about something?"

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you made a mistake by issuing an ultimatum after only 2 dates. This is way too much drama. It's ok to let him know you're confused by the change in tone, but threatening to cut it off is too far.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s ever a bad thing to state ones feelings

0|0
    0|0
    • He's silent now and didn't respond to my last text. It's weird because during our dates he kept saying that he feels strong connection between us and that this is more than just a chemistry.. I feel like a fool that I trusted him and now I feel so rejected.

• Show All
    • How would you react if a girl would call you out for being distant? Would you be defensive as well?

• I’m not like a lot of guys. I’m extremely honest with my feelings and would probably agree and state that I didn’t think we were going anywhere and wish her luck in the future. The breakup is inevitable. Do you want it after a few days or a few months or years?

Recommended myTakes