Guys, Should I send a text/message after a date?

Went out for a drink with a guy I met on a dating app last night, he said he had fun and we should hang out again if I want to. I got home around 11:30 so I did not message him that I had a good time, etc. (we haven't exchanged numbers).

Should I send a message now that I had a good time, thanks for paying and then leave my number? I had a thought that maybe he wants to keep everything on the app so if a second date doesn't go well he can easily delete the person but who knows. Or should I just wait to see if he messages me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Send him a message, leave your number, don't say anything about money but think about paying for him next time.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• If u would like to see the guy again and if u genuinely had a good time. Leave the paying part out. That's chivalry. Just say u had a good time and let's connect on so and so number. He will text u soon.

1|1
    0|0
  • can't stress enough how you just need to be yourself. nothings as bad as a liar. if you're the kind of person that would spam text someone something that they could have wrote in a paragraph, then that's what you need to do. how will you ever find a man if you're constantly behind proxies?

0|1
    0|0
  • Send him a message via the app and chat with him. If he wants another date you can arrange one. If you are both still wanting to see more of each other that will be a good time to exchange numbers. Don't try to think for the other person. If you have questions or doubts just ask, but don't hypothesize what the other may be thinking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to call my date and talk to her as I drove home or she drove home. We lived 2hrs apart from eachother.
    Honestly, everyone is different, so if you want to tell him you had a good time, let him know. Don't over think things, be the person you want to be!

0|0
    0|0
  • He might be thinking the exact same thing. If both of you wish to do it but are too cautious or shy, then what a travesty it would be! Just do it, you would know what he thinks of you that way. Better it be sooner than you having to keep thinking about it and twiddling your thumbs or biting your lips in anxiety n curiosity­čśŐ

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't overthink it. Send the message, keep it brief, no emojis.

"Hey - just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed myself last night. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon."

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes message him to say you had fun.
    Then leave it to him to reply.
    If he is interested he will reply and if he doesn't reply he isn't interested.

Guys are pretty simple things really

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if you ass fucked. If yes, text him a photo of your gaping ass hole. If no, text him a photo of your tight ass hole.

0|2
    0|1
  • If your really into this person. Then there is no reason not to send a text. Be might be wondering why you haven't text him. No regrets.. text him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I like a simple message expressing that a lady enjoyed the time we spent together. A nude selfie makes it even better

0|0
    0|1
    • A nude selfie after the first date would seem rather desperate to me... and also way too risky. Nothing wrong with nudity, but you need to trust the ones you send them to... and that's definitely not something I would recommend after a fosrt date!

• Just my opinion keep talking to him on the app until you feel comfortable with him having your number

0|0
    0|0
  • Later in the week. Not on the first few days. You don't want to come off as desperate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, message him. I'd usually message her after I got home to make sure she was safe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! If he seems like a nice guy and not a total wreck of what you weren't expecting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah also stop fearing and over thinking decisions gut feelings are usually right

0|1
    0|0
  • If you didn't fuck yes, especially if he seems kinda shy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you liked him then totally!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Within 24 hours... yes

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should.

0|0
    0|0
  • wait and see what happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait a day or two

0|0
    0|0
  • No fuck no

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably expecting a message

0|0
    0|0
  • You should text him but don't seem too needy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like him and are interested in seeing him again then yea message him, let him know you would like to see him again

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes