Why we tend to fall in love more easily when we are teenagers?

I’m a adult now and I miss having those intense feelings I used to have when I was a teen :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well when you're a teen your inexperienced so everything is new and exciting. You have nothing to worry about because you've never had a bad experience. As we get older we experience heart break and learn not to trust so easily so it becomes harder to open up. It's a natural defense mechanism that we build up. However I do agree I miss those days when everything was so new and so exciting.

5|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because when we were teenagers, I believe most of us were impulsive. We were not afraid. But as time passed by, we experienced lot of things, and we learn from our experiences. We fell in love, got our hearts broken. And because of that, there's a part of us who is now afraid to fall in love, it can be consciously or unconsciously.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I guess as an adult you know more of what you want, versus being a teen and not thinking ahead of future plans. So you don’t really have adult expectations

0|0
    0|0
  • Those intense feelings are almost always physical. There is a subject all about this in psychology... when you are a teen up until even your mid twenties, you will simply only have "crushes". It will almost always be something physically attracting. This is a majority of the timex this does not apply for EVERONE. Some people mature faster, and some slower. As for WHY it happens when you are younger, it is because it is the first time you are actually experiencing attraction in the first person. It is natural to be eager and find more connections and learn about something when you first learn about it. It is the only subject every human being is mutually interested in from a very young age, and is eager to learn about. The difference between love and a crush, is that Love is waaay more intense. It is a build up of various emotions over time that build momentum until you literally cannot hold it in anymore. A crush is a more immediate and short lived attraction. There is still a great deal about the subject that we do not know, but continue to learn about. Why breaking out of love is so hard, and why love can sometimes give unnatural strength, or become a great weakness. Sinple answer to your question is, when you become an adult, you are insinctively on guard with love when you get older... whether you realize it or not. You'll find that connection though. But it's best to wait for it to come to you, than get lost trying to find it.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Because as a teen you are less experienced to all of the horrible ways people are capable of treating each other. When your an adult you've had experience ans know that you shouldn't give everyone your "all" because that's unrealistic and people will take advantage or just not give two shits. maturing is knowing how to set boundaries for yourself, if anything its learning to say no to things instead of yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Major reason is hormonic changes which occur in that age. Some cute tease which our besties do or those stupid starting and the fear of eye contact. This small things makes us feel so happy. However in an adult everyone confesses their love without fear which makes it bit boring that those teenager's love concept. But I wish everyone would always be in that phase. Really those moments are awsome. Missing those days and random falling for love for someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • FINALLY SOMEONE ASKS!

~ I'd love to answer! :)

1 - Everything is much more intense as a teen. All emotions, physical prowess, physical reception, your thought process changes drastically, and that's not even talking about the insane hormonal changes!

2 - "Love" is heroin. I'm not joking. That feeling you get when "I love him/her, I'd die for them, we'll always be together and nothing will separate us" and whatever other blind thoughts you can think of.

To your body, that insane feeling of "love" (that's actually lust) is actually the same effect as heroin. That's why it's so intense, and this has actually been scientifically proven.

3 - A teenager knows everything... Until they experience life. You can't teach anything to someone that thinks they know everything. So the emotions usually win.

Isn't that all fascinating?
    It is to me. :)

4|2
    0|0
  • I think when we are younger we still have those ideas about fairy tails and we haven't really steped out therd t see how life can be terrible and how not everything is pink so our hearts are softer i guess and tend to fall in that state like being in a cloud and being in love, we haven't had our hearts broken repitedly and stuffs

0|0
    0|0
  • I call it experience. At a younger age it was all new, and we didn't know what to expect. As we get older and experience more, it's just not the same.

A bit like the first time you eat chocolate. It's so amazing. But after that, it's just chocolate, and you know what to expect.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think basically its about defense mechanisms: we dont have much when we're young cause we rarely been hurt then, then it builds up.. and its harder to get to know another person behind a brick wall 😅

but u can always decide to risk, let ur guards down and get to it as u used to!

0|0
    0|0
  • Do we really understand the meaning of love in our teenage years? At least I didn't. It just seemed a rad thing to have a hot girlfriend by my side and be envied. In any case, we tend to become more careful as we mature, having seen ups n downs in relationships, emotional upheaval and psychological trauma. We tread carefully whilst choosing a partner and frankly I think that's just the way this world works and it's fine really😇

0|0
    0|0
  • Teenagers are stupid, trust me I am one. Boys do not wanna marry you or have kids with you at this age. I realized this when I was 14. Now that I’m 16 and got my heart broken so much, I don’t feel love anymore. I have a constant cold feeling in my heart and it won’t go away.

0|0
    0|0
  • In general most teenagers dont have as many trust issues from past relationships. Some of us do from other kinds of relationships, like intense family issued and stuff like that. But those who don't, dont have a reason to be cautious about our feelings. We find someone, we love them and trust them. We dont have as much fear because we haven't experienced as much heartbreak, so we dont hold back any love from someone we only just met

0|0
    0|0
  • Your physiological composition has completely changed from when you were at the apex of puberty.

It could be that you haven't met the right person or some thing in your life is getting in the way of you feeling passion as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its everything about first experience or something new and interesting which raises brings natural dopamine levels and brings you a feeling like you are in love.
    Once you get used to it, u will be more likely to ignore all this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Teenagers are not falling in love most of the time. It's raging hormones that want to experience things with other people they think are fun and pretty or who will make them feel fun and pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of the lessons we have learned in life (relationships) make the door of our hearts not as widely open like back in those days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's when relationships first become available in life. And it's fresh and exciting and you haven't loved someone before in that sense so it's a exhilarating experience

0|0
    0|0
  • As a tee you are more interested in flirting, sex and hanging out, but temporarily. In adulthood you have responsibilities and you have probably more experience in this matter

0|1
    0|0
  • I dunno, I’ve only ever caught real feelings for one person in all of my teen years so far so i don’t think it’ll change if I’m no longer a teen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Our body chemistry is different, plus less responsibilities to deal with which gives us more time to focus on the S/O

0|0
    0|0
  • Because your hormones have stabilised. I wish I could say the same about me

0|2
    0|0
  • Because the only thing you want as a teenager is sex that's it

1|0
    0|1
  • Splenda knows how feel sugar, high school was the last time any man went down on the old puss puss

0|0
    0|0
  • Because teenagers are stupid. It was never love in the first place. It was merely horniness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because its new anything is exciting when you first do it... if you like it already

0|0
    0|0
  • Because as an adult you dont fall easily in love due to past experiences and you tend to rely on logic more than emotions

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotions, hormones, peer pressure or social norms, inexperience... just mostly youthfulness I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we did not have to work so hard just to talk to someone now days you have to give them money or something just to talk to someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we don't have any important things to think about like taxes and employment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of hormones but when they get older, they'd get wiser as they get use to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 43 and still get that awesome feeling with someone new... perhaps you've become cynical

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey I don't know what to tell you to help out but I do understand and I wish it were different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still have these intense feelings, i guess i didn't mature yet :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz as teenagers we r full of hormones and have no idea what life or the real world is rlly like

0|0
    0|0
  • I have fallen in more love since I've been an adult than a teenager

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 18 and only felt that once when it wasn't my Dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we haven't hit reality at that age even though we thought we knew it all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because then we're more impulsive and carefree than we are as adults.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think we generally fall in Love more or less as a teenager it depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Because teens don't know what love is

2|1
    0|0
  • shit i wish they could go the hell away!

0|0
    0|0
  • Its thrilling and you're usually new to heartbreak

0|0
    0|0
  • Hormones

0|1
    0|0
  • I fall in love just as easily as I used to.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's lust, not love

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, but its definetly diffrent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t because all I know is being cheated on

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had that Phase

0|0
    0|0
  • We are naive and not afraid to get hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too