Do relationships work better when you’re friends first?

What do you think?

Are you the type to jump into a relationship with someone you’re interested in or do you prefer to build a friendship first and why?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• As matter of fact dear Anderlin personally I would rather take my time knowing the person more and connecting emotionally with her before making any further step. Feelings are what count to me the most. Sure I can be really attracted to her and jump into a relationship that will probably have a 50/50 chance to last long.

In case she was already a friend and somewhere on the road of growing up we develop feelings for each other, I would certainly jump into a relationship with her.

Both cases for me require getting to know each other more before making any further step.

That is only my opinion, some may agree, other may disagree, as for we are all different ;-)

My friend is now married with a woman he encountered and had a one night stand with her.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to be friends first, build a trust base. I think it makes a better relationship

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• USUALLY, yes. But not always.
    My cousin's husband was a friend of her close twin brother with whom she's lived for a long time. She and this friend eventually got married, but it ended quickly. He may be a fine friend but was a shitty abusive husband.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think friends first is better. You get to know them and their personality before you make a decision like dating. Especially once you hit like 23ish

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had it both ways, but the ones that lasted for years were because we established a friendship at the beginning.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, both can crash and burn, but it hurts more when you were friends first and you lose both a friend and someone you cared about

0|0
    0|0
  • In my life experience, it works best if you are friends first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously better to be friends first.
    You get to REALLY know the person instead of jumping in a relationship and getting disappointed by his behavior, that you couldn't see coming since you didn't have give it the time in a first place.
    Also, if the guy isn't ok with being friends first... well, you can already guess what are his intentions.
    + you can't ask for a better couple than a couple as comfortable and free as a friendship.
    I personally can't stand a girlfriend that i can't act like a friend with...

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends first, always. It's close enough to dating without the pressures.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have plenty of friends :) Go ahead and jump.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nom friends first never works in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes