How can a guy be too much husband material to date?

I've dated a few girls and the normal reason to break up is that I'm the guy they'd want to marry or I'm too nice. How are these excuses to break up? Surely these are reasons to stay together?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like you are fine to me too, they are probably still young and still want to explore and have fun over settling down and building something that takes time, effort, and commitment. I'm older now, but I've always felt like there was a difference in people that I dated when I was young and the people i date now, I'm sure some girls are similar. But even with a longterm relationship right now, I wouldn't want kids atm. I can get married and what not but I still want to chase after my dreams.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not after kids yet, not for at least 7years I'm just after a potential life partner who I can build future things with. I don't get this mentality of being husband material is a reason to end a relationship as a relationship has the goal of a long term partner

• Not everyone has their goal of a relationship to have a long-term partner. That's my goal as well, but I can do understand others that are just testing waters and having fun, as long as they do it in a healthy and nontoxic way. Lol I do not understand open relationships though, but I guess you can get some type of idea just from the fact that friends with benefits and open relationships are becoming a thing with the younger generations. I dont understand why anyone would do those type of things, and no one waste your time trying to explain to me. I have enough of a headache trying to wrap my head around people do drugs instead of healthy alternatives to relieve stress.

• They're probably just not ready to settle down and want a different kind of guy, you're fine though so don't worry about it, you'll get your girl

0|0
    0|0
    • Getting to the point of being fed up with rejection. How can to quote a few girls "husband material" be so easy to throw away? I'm starting to doubt if any girl I ask for a date will make it to a year

• Honestly I've only had long relationships so I'm not sure, I'm sorry but I am still hopeful and believe you will find someone great, if you need to chill and take a break now from dating then go ahead if that's best but if you do want a partner then don't give up

• If they only want to fuck you then yes...

0|0
    0|0
    • But when I make it clear at the start that I'm after a very long term thing? Dating is surely for that only fuck is friends with benefits no?

• Depends on the person some want just fuck buddies some want long term you just have to find them

Recommended myTakes