Flattered or does it mean more?

With my boyfriend 3 years, we’ve talked about having kids and getting married one day, he’s my best friend and I can’t imagine life without him, however as time has gone on he doesn’t show me as much affection as he used to, don’t get me wrong I understand we are well over the honeymoon stage but I miss the attention I got off him when we first got together..

I’d describe myself as pretty much a Plain Jane, I never get attention off guys and I’m okay with that but I just went blonde yesterday, and today at work I had all the guys complimenting me and telling me how good I look I was in my element as Iv said this never happens. I even had one customer hand me their phone number on a piece of paper, when he did this I felt sick I straight away thought if my boyfriend and how much I love him. I told my boyfriend after work and we laughed about it and he told me to take it as a compliment.

However, I cannot get this guy out of my head, I don’t know if it’s because I’m flattered that he wanted to get to know me better or if this means subconsciously I’m looking for someone else or I’m not happy in my relationship? Like I said I felt sick to my stomach when he first gave it to me.

do you think because I haven’t gotten attention in such a long time that that’s why I can’t get the guy out of my head or am I in an unhappy relationship?

01