Boyfriend or Me being selfish?

So I really wanted to go to this event in May, but my boyfriend just found out he's going on vacation and won't be able to come with. He said he talked to his family about changing the date but nothing is for sure yet (He's trying to pay for the airfare and change the hotel dates). I told him if he can't come with, I'll take one of my guy friends, and he sorta got pissed and upset. He said "So if I can't come with your just gonna have another guy take you? Thats kind of upsetting". I said I was kidding, but I don't know why he doesn't want me going with someone else if he can't go. He asked if my family was going and I told him they couldn't make it. Who's being selfish, him or me?
Updates:
He keeps messaging me asking if I'm mad and saying "I'm really trying to change the vacation dates, just give me some more time" but I know its not gonna change anything, and he's just saying that to calm me down

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well you’ve said it in a way that seems threatening and it’s gotten his back up. If you hadn’t have said it, and like that the neither of you would be seen as selfish, it’s just a scheduling conflict.
    But you appear to have said something emotionally stirring in an attempt to manipulate him into doing what you want - and ultimately I think that makes you seem petty

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow you're so selfish. And petty. Bring another guy friend? Just to pressure him huh? You don't have any other girl friends huh? Welp it sucks to be your boyfriend from how I see it. It may seem like you're the victim here from how you portray your story but you're definitely the selfish one here.

0|0
    0|0
    • He's trying so hard for you and All you can say is you wanna bring a guy friend huh... just wow. And by the way, I don't care if it's just a joke cuz you might actually really bring a guy friend. Haha just wow.

• If he said that to you how would you feel... Look at it that way from his perspective.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes