What would happen if I came out and tell the cops that my boyfriend raped me?

Like what would happen to me and him and will my parents find out, please only serious answers thank you

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're over the legal age for your country it's all confidential but you need to remember there is a whole investigation and it's pretty rare for a boyfriend to rape thier girlfriend as usually it's all based on trust and you won't give him a chance so it raises a question if you want to cause him trouble because of a fight and this happens too often

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for one thing if he's raping you he's not your boyfriend if he dosnt respect you then he dosnt love you. No matter how much he says he loves you actions speak louder then words so in my honest opinion who cares what would happen to him just focus on what's best for you

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Most likley they'd arrest him based on your word alone, although if you don't have evidence that it wasn't consensual there isn't much they can do, all you'll do is ruin his social standing and it may even affect his ability to get a job.

Personally while rape is terrible you're probably better off just dumping him and cutting him out of your life if you're worried about your family finding out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe they (cops) will ask if you want to press charges, so think about that process. I will advise this, people who feel they've gotten away with a crime tend to do it again. Please let somebody know, it will hurt more if you keep this to yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • He would probably be arrested and, if there was sufficient evidence, convicted and sent to prison for at least 10 years. For you, they would suggest therapy and help. They would question you, get a testimony, ask you to testify in court, and try to gather evidence. Your parents might find out, but as you're 21, the police don't have to tell then anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • Majority of rape cases don't land a conviction due to lack of evidence, given they're in a relationship I doubt their chances of a conviction are any good

• They will take extreme action. Trust me. If a guy says he got raped, nobody would give a fuck. Happened to me. Got raped by 2 woman who I thought were my friends. The cops didn't even believe me and thought I was joking.

0|0
    0|0
  • The police will investigate it, if either parties is under age there parents will be notified. I would recommend if you are on a campus/college talk to Title 9 office and a councilor/lawyer at the same time, before the police.

0|0
    0|0
  • He'd get arrested and you'd get a Dr. Phil episode.

0|2
    0|0
  • think twice..
    if you are going to lie about it..
    then its just wrong..
    because an accusation like this can mean end of his life.. and career ..

0|0
    0|0
  • Iff you go to the police I 'm 99% sure that your family and friends will know it and his life is as good as over

0|0
    0|0
  • Did he actually rape you? Are you prepared to ruin his life forever?

0|0
    0|0
  • Honey,
    If he did, then you need to tell someone about it. Don't let him get away with it. Yes your parent will most likey find out but it'll be okay. They will be there to help you out.
    💜🖤💜

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes