Announced my pregnancy and our engagement on Facebook and he hid it?

So, I posted a picture of us announcing our pregnancy and engagement. It was one of me and my bump with my arms wrapped around him.

The second was just a post announcing our engagement. Although he updated his information staying he's engaged to me, neither the picture I posted or the life event I tagged him in are present in his page.

His friends (who I'm not friends with) all liked both of my posts... so it must have been displayed on his Facebook page at some point. And now, he appears to have removed it.

Why would he do that?
  • He must want to keep it a secret
    Vote A
  • He's embarrassed
    Vote B
  • This means nothing
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to judge him because there are people who doesn't want to be advertised on social medias. I don't even put everything on Facebook even special events. Some people want to keep it private, not a secret but just private and with close knits. But if you know he is the social media kind of guy, then just ask him right what is his reason, for all you know it was hidden accidentally.

But congratulations for the engagement and for the baby by the way. Take care always. Wish you happiness 😊

2|1
    0|0
    • This is true, and thank you for your advice 😊

• You're most welcome. I hope it was not a big deal though 😊 Keep on loving ❤

Most Helpful Guy

• How did this all happen? Were you together for a long time?

0|0
    0|0
    • We've been together a year and a half. I fell pregnant by accident in January, and he was totally shocked to the point he stared into space when I told him the news. His mum wanted us to marry after hearing I was pregnant. And then he asked me to marry him on my birthday last week when we went away for a few days.

• Show All
    • Yeah I would agree. He is acting happy and stuff... I don't think he truly is though. He was not expecting me to fall pregnant.

• No I'm sure he wasn't but it happened. So he needs to step up and be there for you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Girl if you don’t ask your fiancé right now I will.

2|1
    0|0
    • Thanks 😊 I just don't want to put pressure on him. The pregnancy was a shock... and this engagement followed a few months after I found out.

• Show All
    • As far as I can see he'll just need to get on with it now... can't undo what's been done.

• Aww I get what you mean

• Some people just don't like advertising everything on the internet. I don't have my hometown, education, occupation, relationship status or any significant life event displayed on my account.

1|0
    0|0
  • He’s engaged to you and you are having a baby together so he obviously cares about you!!! Don’t sweat it, he loves you. And social media always ends in fights in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
    • He wasn't ready for a baby though, that's my worry.

• Did you talk to him about it before sharing it on social media? It's pretty private information that concerns the both of you. It's understandable that he hid it if he had no idea you were going to post it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well yeah, he's cool with everything else on his Facebook page.

• Seeing from your other replies it seems like he didn't want to get married and didn't want the child either , his mom told him to marry you so he proposed and the child was unplanned. Im guessing he doesn't want to accept this situation and just needs time to adjust to his new reality

0|0
    0|0
    • I would agree, it's just not a great start and I know it could mean we might not last in the end.

• We can't predict what he's thinking. really this is a convo you should have with him. Congrats by the way :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, I guess I should.

• He doesn’t want his business out there like that...

0|0
    0|0
    • All his other business is out there like that...

• I’d call him out in it the moment I see it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I just don't wanna put pressure on him. The pregnancy was a shock for him, and then on my birthday, he asked me to marry him. But literally every other event on his Facebook is displayed on his page... except the photo I tagged him in. I just find it weird.

• He wants to hide it

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not get engaged before having sex and getting pregnant?

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with you there... marriage, sex then babies is the proper way. I made a mistake.

Recommended myTakes