Guys, how do I respond to this message? Should I reply or wait for him to initiate another convo or date?

Context: Met a guy on a dating app for a drink, messaged him on the app the next day and gave him my number and this was his response...

"Um, did I ask for your number?
No
Lol jk I had fun too"
Updates:
Should clarify that his response was still on the app and NOT a text

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's interesting how different people view this. He was just making a joke (kind of a bad one though) and he was surprised I guess. But no response is necessary, or if you feel the need, respond how you want/feel. Even just "lol" if you want? But yeah, I'd just wait for him to initiate another convo/date. Actually, now that I think about it more, this would keep festering and bother me if I were in your place LOL, so I'd respond with (if you want this), "I enjoyed our date, are you interested in a second one?" When you sent him your number, did you say anything else in the message, or was it just your number and nothing else?

0|0
    0|0
    • I said: "I had a good time last night! Thanks for the drink. [phone number]." Suppose I should have been like, feel free to text me or something along those lines.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Just sounds like and awkward thank you joke to me
    I think you should wait and see...
    If you want to write back in the app thing just say glad to hear it or something like that
    You have given him the tools he need to move it outside of that so that part is up to him

0|0
    0|0
  • If you liked him message him. If not, don't. You aren't obligated

0|0
    0|0
  • He was just messing around, harmless really

0|1
    0|0
  • "funny guy are we?"

0|1
    0|1
  • He is just surprised

0|1
    0|0
  • Ahahaha shit
    Iā€™d change my number šŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • You can reply

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds a bit rude and I don't understand his last line actually. Maybe he was trying to be funny in an awkward way as others say..
    Was this his first response?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes this is what he responded with on the app after I sent him a message that I had a good time and included my number.

• Oh so you went out with him already?

• Yes, this is his reply to my "had a good time" message on the app

• Rememebr people on dating apps are super socially awkward. Probably was just trying to be funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • He sounds a jerk playing with you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes